|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 The problem that's facing the people who have ord or are about to is not just the cash flow problems(even though that forms 90% of it) but rather the thought that uni is awaiting us once we get our pink ic. Was talking to David just now about uni life and how it sucks to have to get to the same ol routine of doing assignments, tutorials and getting used to mugging for exams etc. After the terrifying experience of a levels, I don't know what to expect for uni life. Miss Mandy once mentioned that uni is nothing compared to the horrors of a levels. Maybe she meant the workload and how we had to squeeze 2 years of notes into our brain and take the month long torturous exam. I see friends of mine spending every min of their time doing projects, printing out notes and mugging for their semester papers and I ask myself, "Is this what is awaiting me in uni?" Even though uni papers are modules-based, the workload nevertheless is much more. After all, its higher learning. Somehow, I felt as if I've wasted my 2 years of ns lives. So much for the promise of learning a new language, borrowing more books from the library to read, learning how to drive, getting into shape and spending more time with family and friends. I now have to worry about how to fund my lifestyle once I stop receiving pay from the government. It means that I've to start going out and look for work until uni starts. The body is always willing but the mind is weak. I need a job that won't bound me to a desk from 8am to 5pm if you get what I mean. I need to get out there and interact with people because that's what I live for. The mundane life of an office worker doesn't work out for me at all. The pay may be higher but sometimes money doesn't mean everything. I prefer the reward being the satisfaction that I get from doing the job, like what my packer job gave me. Seeing your customers happy even though it meant I had to go the extra mile didn't matter at all. It's all about providing good service. No doubt you face difficult and demanding customers occasionally but it can't be worse than being the army because I face superiors that are worse off. At least they don't ask you to knock it down or sign extras if your service isn't good enough. Army has improved my patience and my level of toleration. Something that I find very important when I resume my studies and enter the working world next time.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|