|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, November 21, 2006 There's not many friends whom I can really talk to about my army life in changi other then the guys in my unit or my shift mates. Tong happens to be one of the few whom I can relate to because our camps just happens to be next to each other. My old camp that is. Changi air base(west) is just next to his commando camp. The funny thing is, I've never seen him around that area or even in changi village having a meal. The only familiar person that I've seen is ming wei, some guy from jjc. I used to know him when chen chen was around because both of them were from chinese high and chen chen introduced me to him. After he left for private studies, the friendship just sorted of remained static. He was in science and me in arts. The thing about jjc, you could pretty much tell the difference between an arts and science student apart. Their way of talking, doing things and mentality etc. The thing about me is that I've got the science look(that's an insult to me in jjc) and more than often I've got the poly look as well. Something that I've been telling my camp people. Now and then, me and tong would talk about the hawker food in changi village and how he would kinda miss it because he had just orded. For people like us who live in the west, it's gonna be difficult and troublesome to travel all the way to the other end of the island just to have a meal there. That's why I'm gonna miss some of the food there when I'm finally done with army life. Not many people in the right mind would travel long distances just for food but I'm probably one of the few who would. It may be in the company of good friends or with your other special half. The nasi lemak, teh tarik, roti prata, fried oyster omelette, friend rice, chicken rice, carrot cake, red tea longan, the 2 noodle stalls always competing against each other, sugarcane juice and hock leong's favourite goreng pisang stall etc. These are the stuff that I'll be missing come march 10th 2007.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|