|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 To my friends who enlisted 3 months before and now ord personnel, aka civilians, congrats to the whole lot of you. With that pink ic, a new and refreshing is awaiting many of them. I read mouth's entry on the thoughts and feelings of an ord personnel, he felt that it was just another ordinary day for him. Somehow, I know it must be a big day, a day that nsfs from his batch are all awaiting for. Maybe I could relate to his feelings the day come the day that I collect my pink ic as well. However, I could more or less know he felt. It would probably be like the day that I finish the last paper of my a levels. It was literature paper 8 and the fact that we didn't really have to study for it made the going easier. To us, it was just another gp paper, either you have it or you don't. There was this sense of emptyness deep inside of me after the invigilator said pens down and stop writing. After slogging it out for months, the end is finally here. There was suddenly so much time on our hands and months of freedom for those who are enlisting late for me. Suddenly the end we were all awaiting for seemed just like any other day. That could be what some of my ord friends are feeling right now. It's simply just another day for them. I remembered tong went to dye his hair straight away with samuel after that paper while it was soccer time for me with the arts people. It was probably one of the last session before we all embark on our lives. Be it going on to find work or the dreaded enlistment. National slavery we call it. No doubt it sucks to be still in army while the rest of your friends are already out of it. However, I tell myself that it's probably the easiest way to get paid(not much though) while waiting for uni to start. It's true that I can find a higher paying job outside but it's the finding and working that's gonna be difficult. The body is willing but the mind isn't. I just have to live with it and get on with life and very soon, the time will arrive. You just gonna learn to tolerate, I mean it's something that I've been doing and what's a few months more? Like what mouth said, I want to be called Mr Yong, not CPL Yong.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|