Sunday, December 10, 2006

Friday was spent at keith's house for a bbq cum potluck gathering. The turn out was good because many people came for it. It's been some time since I last saw everyone because either they're busy with ns, studies like paul or had just enlisted like keith and lewis. This gathering was due for a long long time, credits to keith and co organizing it. I was supposed to meet kwok ley and paul at eunos mrt station at 4.50pm but it turned out that both me and paul were late. I reached eunos in the end at 5.30pm. Poor kwok ley had to wait like 30 mins for us to arrive. We were deciding whether to cab to keith's place at joo chiat lane(his condo is a 10 mins walk from the mrt station) or walk there. We decided to walk because we wanted to save money and to show paul the route also.

It's 2 years back since I last walked to keith's house from the mrt station and me and kwok had to really refresh our memories just to have a brief impression of where his house is located. Crossing the road to a block of hdb flats from the mrt station, cross the road again to those pre-war 2 stories high buildings and once you see the playground, you're on the right track. From the playground, it's just another 3 mins walk to his condo.

I recognized the coffeeshop that sells bak chor me and I've been wanting to try it out, just that I didn't have a chance, not even on friday. I remembered getting drinks from there after we left keith's place 2 years ago. Upon reaching his place, jason, chieh, lewis and paulus were already there. Now we were just waiting for the rest to arrive. The rest who came were noel(I haven't seen him for 3 to 4 years already), james(it's been a long time since I last squashed with him), charles(having fun bombarding the enemy in the artillery) and josh(the last guy from 4.7 who has yet to enlist in the army). Well, if we don't count wongz that is. He's been studying since he left acs(I). Everyone had a great time catching up with one another not just on army life but also on they're spending their civilian life for those who had just orded. To jason, noel, paulus and james, no longer are they addressed as cpl, sgt, sir and sgt respectively, we can effectively call them mr now. For me and kwok, the wait to be called the same is not far away, for keith, lewis and charles, your time will come soon.

We played soccer at the mini court beside the bbq pit just like old times. Everyone may have grown up but on the court, we're still like kids back in sec school. Time may have passed us by but we're still the same. Time passed by very fast and it's time to bid goodbye to the rest. I took the train home with kwok ley and paul while noel, charles and james cabbed home. We took a slow walk back even though it was getting late. It's not often we get to spend time together like this. One thing is for sure, we ain't gonna take the correct bus number but towards the wrong direction. We were supposed to take 67 towards bt timah but ended up in bedok. This time, it was a safe ride home by the train.

I treasure meetups with friends like these, especially friends that you don't really get to see often. Btw, noel may have given me a very good idea on the day I collect my ic. Wear a pink shirt.


was alive and kicking at 1:01 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com