|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, December 01, 2006 It has been an emotional mount this time round with news that my pc is going over to shift2 while pc ken is coming over to mine. After being used to his style of management for months and being familiar with him already, it kinda sucks to have to get used to another pc once again. My shift already had a change of 4 pc with ken being the latest one. There will probably be another one before I collect my ic as the current batch of pc are ording soon. That adds up to 5 throughout my nsf life. Could tell that pc jianwei is pretty sad that he's leaving our shift and going over to the dreadful shift 2 where the man don't give a hoot about each other and it's filled with selfish beings. There's no sense of bonding among the shift mates as well. That's the feeling that it gives me all along. Pc juanwei probably had alot to say during the mounting drill(the last we had as a shift with him) but he was too choked up with emotions to say the least. I booked in the night before as I had 7-10am standby duty and he reminded chuen pin to wake him up for the last mounting drill he's gonna have. He demonstrated a sudden solid stamping on his foot when mavarick reported strength to him and the atmosphere was pretty solemn. Eugene lightened up the mood when we were awaiting to be dismissed by exclaiming that we should fall out properly and not just walk away. I went for a toilet break while doing 4-7am and saw pc jianwei who was packing his stuff and leaving east for west in the dog van. Either he had that just wake up look or he's really sad to be leaving. Another loss to my shift must be boon kian. He has been a great addition to our shift ever since he came and is certainly one that you can depend on whenever difficulties arise. Always around and going out of his way to help out, sometimes even outside of his duty hours etc. The fact that aloy signed on as a senior technician(a stupid decision I must say) meant that shift 2 lacked a rp driver. Pc jianwei probably had no choice but to bring him back to shift 2. He fetched me to and back from delta2 for the last time this mount and it's quite sad really. I'm a person who can get quite emotional when it comes to school or army stuff etc. Most of my friends think I'm just talking crap but that's just the real me. The consolation is, our duration in army is ending real soon and we will surely have chances to meet up outside in the civilian world when this is all over. Army can just be like school. It's all about adapting and getting used to changes all year around and even by the second if we wanna be precise about it. This transition period is something that I hate because while changes are inevitable, we'll have to embrace it whether we like it or not. The last time there was a change of man, specs and pc, we were relatively new in fds and we didn't have much of a choice or rather, just accepting reality as it is. Now as guys who've been mounting for some time, I feel that even as I'm leaving, changes are still ocurring. Why can't things remain the way they are? It's already the first day of december and 2006 is drawing to a close very very soon. I've got so much to say but I'll leave it for another entry. 24 days to Christmas
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|