|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, December 25, 2006 So it's christmas day as I'm blogging and very soon it will just come and go, pretty much like what christmas eve did. It's one of the few occasions that I'm spending my public holidays outside of camp and yet this christmas had been pretty boring and disappointing. There's been an absence of the christmas spirit this year and I didn't really feel it. Normally when the christmas decorations are up by the end of november, the christmas spirit will slowly start to seep into me and by mid december, I'll be filled with it. It's totally a different case this year round. Maybe it's the fact that I didn't really have any programmes planned in advance and by the time I decided to call anyone out, it's probably too late to do so. For those who're out there celebrating this christmas and festive season, take a moment out and think of the unfortunate ones who won't have a chance to do so. I was watching the news just now, there are sick people, both the old and young who won't have the chance to be outside spending christmas with their family and friends because they're not well enough yet. Credits to the nurses and the volunteers who went out of their way to bring the christmas cheers to the patients. Sometimes the true meaning of christmas is easily forgotten by most people in Singapore. I'm not trying to act mature or like saint but that's how I perceived the true meaning of christmas. It's becoming more commercialized and of course let's not forget the usual fun and partying involved. It's perfectly all right to do so but as I grow older, this holiday takes on a whole new meaning for me. I just wanna spend some quality time with my family and friends, I don't ask for much really. Besides the hospital patients, I have and I know of friends who're "trapped" in camp during this festive season because of army commitments. Besides my rp friends who had to guard the camp, I've got another friend who's a medic and they also work in shifts like us. He had to be in camp from 23rd to the 26th. He can't even get enjoy his christmas eve or day. I know how he feels because I've been through it myself and gave him advice on how see this as a different experience and another way to spend christmas. He has to remember the fact that he's not alone, there're countless nsf out there who're in a similar situation like him. Town is no doubt a place to be in if you wanna soak in the christmas atmosphere and see the beautiful and glittering decorations but it's certainly the place to avoid when it's the eve of any festive occasions. Singaporeans simply flood the place because they think and assume that it's the place to be in for that night and considering how big Singapore is, there ain't many others place that they can flock to. I was there on christmas eve and it's a hassle just trying to get from one place to another without having body contact with the person walking next to you. There are would-be molesters who're out searching for that unlucky girl. Not to mention the pickpockets like what chee yong told me about his own experience. Despite the huge police presence out there, those bastards are still out there making light of this festive occasion and leaving their victims high and dry. I used to like going to town to spend my christmas but it seemed like that's not the case this year. I still believe in christmas and that's important but I've just taken a completly new outlook on it this year round. I need to figure myself out and find that special someone. I miss having her in my life. Merry Christmas everyone. Hope my entry hasn't dampen your spirits.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|