Saturday, December 30, 2006

Sometimes you wonder how long can we continue to meet up with friends from the army now that the end is nearing. The journey in the saf is all but coming to an end for many of us. For the 02/07 guys, it's just 1 month more while for the 03/07 guys like me, it's around 2 months plus. As long as we belong to the saf for 1 day, we just gotta follow whatever plans and rules they've set for us. I feel that while it's still possible to meet up with many of my shift mates for a meal or to go out now and then, the future remains uncertain after we collect our pink ic. The distance between us will no doubt start to drift apart. I'm sure most of us will be busy finding a part time job to supplement our daily income. With no more SFI, it's a chore to decide what to eat for every meal. It's not that I'm not a big fan of army food but it does save us the hassle of deciding what to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Most people think that playing lan is only for kids and it's a thing of the past. You can't really blame them for having such a thought. Btw, Gurmit Singh plays lan too and he frequents the lan shop in btp.(Me and my friends saw him that time with his singapore idol friends playing warcraft). I've just started learning how to play the game "generals" after tong and co taught it to me after we're sick of playing of playing the usual games like ra2 and cs etc. Add to the fact that I totally suck in warcraft, "generals" is finally a game that I can get involved in and not just sit around like some loser everytime my friends play warcraft. It's a surprise to find that some of my friends in camp play that game too. Mavarick, chee yong and uncle teo met up for a game on wednesday afternoon at paradiz centre. Mavarick is similar to one of my friend in a way that he's never early for any outing. I never believed chee yong when he told me about it until I found it out for myself. Add to fact that he went to the wrong building to find us when we were having wanton mee for lunch at sunshine plaza. Chee yong repeatedly told him it's #01-01 and that muscle man actually went to IOI building(the building that's next to sunshine plaza). He's really a funny and weird friend that I've come to know.

It was during the second year of my jc life that I've come to respect Mr Koh Yong Chia(My jc principal) alot more. I felt that he didn't deserve the treatment that he got from the Chinese High School by getting posted out no thanks to the political problems. Well, their loss is our gain. Before I entered jjc, I've heard the horror stories about how the former principal isn't doing much to help the school improve it's current standing in the jc rankings and the school could do with a much needed makeover. Though Mr Koh prefers to converse in Mandarin because he's a firm believer of knowing one's roots, you would have never guessed that he studied in the States before and obtain his degree from there. I went back to jjc a few months back for squash and I'm amazed at the changes. The school has a gotten a new pitch for soccer and rugby matches and there's a new building that's opened for stuents to develop new leadership skills. Jjc back then was just like Fulham football club, they're just contended with staying in the premiership and not getting relegated. The jjc that I know today is like Spurs, they want to go as high as they can and maybe win a trophy along the way. It's not often I've praised jjc because my friends will vouch for me.

Mr Koh is just like the change and a breath of fresh air that the school needed. A new manager to take the school to the peak. I wonder if I'm able to obtain the respect from my students and bring our the maximum potential in them the next time I become a teacher. I certainly hope so.


was alive and kicking at 12:57 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com