Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The amount of sleep I sacrificed to watch the carling cup quarter final early this morning was surely worth it after watching arsenal score 6 goals past liverpool at their homeground. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect 6 goals. Arsene Wenger had kept to his promise that he will send in the youngsters from the youth team and only played 2 regulars from the first.They were toure and fabregas. I'm pleased with the performance of almunia when he was called upon despite not playing regularly. Who were the youngsters that impressed me? Alexandre Song played like some midfield enforcer, cleaning up every mess and breaking up the opponent's momentum. Jeremie Aliadiere is like a young Henry but he just lacks the chances to play in the first team. I felt sorry for liverpool really because they practically played their first team against a bunch of 18 to 20 years old youngsters and yet lost by such a scoreline. These teenagers have a bright future, so does Arsenal. Looking forward to the semi final against spurs.

Spent a fair amount of time yesterday after midnight and this afternoon to tidy up some of the stuff in my room. Threw away some army magazines and enlistment booklets and other papers. Looking at the amount of dust collected on the shelves and on the papers itself just disgust me. It just shows how I haven't had the time to actually do a thorough cleaning. You can't imagine how useful those wet tissues from watsons are when it comes to cleaning your room. Most people will just use rags and wet it and then wipe those dusty areas. Imagine the hassle you've gotta go through when you have to rinse the rag and go back to your room again. I rather spend a bit of money and buy those wet tissues. Use and throw away, it prevents the built up of bacteria and save water as well. It even helped me when I was a recruit and all the way through my course time. After training which required camouflage on my face, you'll realized that washing your face with soap straight away will only make things worse. You've gotta wipe your face first with wet tissue. It's fast and effective, especially when you don 't have the time to bathe or wash your face.

The box that came with the new pair of gortex boots that I bought was rather ineffective when it came to preventing the growth of mould on the older pair of leather boots which I put inside. Practically the whole surface area was covered with mould and when I took a closer look, I even small white-coloured insects crawling over it. It seemed like some eco-community down there. They're not ants and I don't want to know what are they. I took that pair of boots out to the corridor and bang it against the wall to remove those pesky white insects and start to use kiwi to remove the mould. It did please me seeing that the mould is gone but there's something inside that's bothering me because you never know whether those white insects are gone. Of course you can't be sure because they'll be around, no matter how hard I tried to kill them. Even after I sprayed some pesticide on my boots and brought it out to shine, I still saw few of them crawling around. Whatever I find, I just squashed them to death and by evening time, I can't seemed to be find anymore. Hopefully, they're gone. I just wanna use that pair of leather boots until it wears out so I can throw it away without any guilt. It takes up alot of space when you've got 2 pairs of boots at home and you're not even a regular.

Still got a few stacks of papers that I've yet to clear. Shall do it later in the late hours of the night when there's nothing good to watch on tv. That's just me, I like to study and do whatever that needs to be done very late at night. It might seemed weird and even stupid not to get precious sleep but there's some advantages when it comes to cleaning up your room at night. it's not hot and there's nothing to bother you. Turn on the radio and you'll have some music to keep you company. In the silent hours of the night, I don't think you can ask for more. The very next morning or in my case(I wake up in the afternoon), you wake up to see a clean and tidy room. What a sight to behold.

Btw, I think Dawn Yeoh from the peak is quite cute.


was alive and kicking at 8:35 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com