Monday, January 08, 2007

Finally got my ntu admission thingy settled today after my dad fetched me there. My sister was thinking of sending it over as registered mail so that the chances of it getting lost is lower but I've decided that it was better and more sincere if I went there personally to hand it over to the staff there. I don't want to take chances when it comes to my studies. Even though the deadline was over a month away, I just wanted to get this thing out of my head and settle it asap. Considering that I've been travelling halfway across the island for the past 2 years for ns, it's about time distance starts to be on my side. I'm really thankful that I stay rather near to ntu as compared to many of my army friends who stay in the central and eastern side of Singapore. Anytime I need to go back to school, it's just a short train and bus ride away.

The all so familiar sound of live firing echoed in the background as I made my way around the compound. It brings back good memories of my fdc course when I was still a relatively new private. I went to pasir labar for both my section and platoon live firing. The biggest regret I've ever had was never to get a chance to be in a normal infantry unit and getting to experience those major exercises. I guess I've to be contended with those 2 live firing exercises then. How can I forget the numerous amount of ants crawling just a few centimetres away from the tyres during section live and getting bitten by mosquitoes while picking up the expanded rounds to be returned. Not forgetting getting trapped under the tentages while waiting for the downpour to stop during platoon live. Faced with the prospect of postponing the platoon live and coming back again really brought everyone's morale to an all time low. It probably meant we'll have to burn of our weekends to do it. Thankfully, the sky cleared up and we managed to finish it.

I've been made rather confused by the admission letter that the student services centre sent me and because many of my friends received different ones. That got me a bit worried that they may have sent me the wrong one and got me a bit paranoid. I asked people who're like going ntu like kwok ley, nicholas and marvin, everyone told me to heck the letter because only if you can't enroll this year then you're supposed to send it back. However, my letter has 1 more option than my friends' ones and that is the "I can enroll in 2007" option while my friend only has the "I'm unable to enroll in 2007" option only. I've got both. Even the internet link they gave me was the one with only one option. The person who handled me ensured me everything was all right but to set my mind at ease, I decided to call them to clarify. It started off with bad sign when the staff said you only return the form when you can't enroll in 2007 but I told her my form is rather different. She paused for a while and finally realized and asked me this question, "Are you a nie student?" She then told me the admission letter that we received will be different from other ntu students. Well, at least I can sleep peacefully tonight.

Sorry I caused any panic to my ntu-bound friends with my questions. Oh yeah marvin, you can now relax knowing that we all received different letters.


was alive and kicking at 11:16 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com