Wednesday, January 17, 2007

For people who had watched the match between Singapore and Indonesia, they would have all been at the edge of their seats. The good news is that Singapore qualified for the semi finals with a 2-2 draw. We'll be meeting our arch rivals Malaysia on the 23rd of this month. After much criticism by the papers and media, the turnout at the stadium was slightly better. There could have been more people had the weather been better. The rain could have put people off. Add to the fact that it was a week day and with people working, Singapore can't really expect alot of people to attend. I supported the team at home by watching it with my father on cable tv.

Indonesia are a different opposition all together as compared to the Laotians. They come into the match with an aim and tactics to unsettle us. They've got the players with skills to punish us as well. To take them lightly would have been a disaster. I thought Singapore was safe being 2-1 up but the Indonesians equalized shortly later. That set up a very tense last few mins in which they threw everything they had at us. Well, we survived the onslaught in the end. Reading reports and interviews about the Laotian players really made me feel sorry for them. They know they're not good enough but they knew that they've tried. The poor coach was even too distraught to attend the post match conference. I don't think he attended today's one after that 9-0 hammering by Vietnam.

I realized today that making the necessary arrangements for the end of army life can a process as tedious as enlistment. Sounds ironic isn't it. I don't look forward to enlistment back then when I was a civilian but I certainly look forward to ord life. There is no choice but to settle these arrangements and paperwork then. It won't be as troublesome and difficult when compared to enlistment. At least I know what's happening when I'm in the army now. You don't want to ask for more or anything else but just an easier and smoother way out. Couldn't have done it without the help from my friends. Sorry to bombard you guys with my endless questions and I really appreciate your answers and help.


was alive and kicking at 11:58 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com