Sunday, January 14, 2007

Singaporeans are a practical lot because everything we do is judged by its results. It's a rat race in this country and kids practice this from young. Starting from psle to the o levels and a levels or poly before we finally move on to the university level. It seemed as if you're doomed the moment you didn't do well for your psle and didn't get into the secondary school of your choice. No doubt it's important to get into a good secondary school or a renowned one but it's not the end of the road for the student. Some people may be just late developers and to be judged on their primary school results won't be fair. I mean do your future employers really bother to look at your psle results when they seek to employ you? Of course not.

Even my mother commented on the sporting scene of Singapore during the Singapore vs Vietnam match saying that you don't earn much as a sportsman in local sports. You'll probably need another job to sustain your income. Pray for no injuries because it could either take you of the game forever or you might never get your place in the team back after you recover. How many of us really dare to pursue a career in sports or even dare to even think about it? Not many I presume. One of my primary school classmate who's musically talented did not take the normal path that most students in Singapore take. She took the road less travelled and enrolled in nafa to pursue her talents. She can certainly look back in life later on and said that she tried. That's what life is all about. Live a life of no regrets and it'll be more fruitful.

I'm glad that I'm not schooling right now when the monsoon season is still around. The news and weather forecast can go on for days predicting and saying that the rain will stop but it just begs to differ. It continued for 1 day plus before stopping and before you know it, grey skies start to form above you and you better get ready for more raindrops. Getting to school would no doubt be a hassle and I even remembered I went to school once in slippers first because the rain was just too heavy. It was a smart move because my feet was eventually drenched and wet. No point in letting a pair of good shoes go to waste because of the rain. I hate taking the umbrella out either because either there's no way to store it or because I looked like some geek holding on to it. I rather brave it or take a few pieces of old newspapers and make a run for it. Practically slept for the whole day today because of the nice weather and the cool temperature. Woke for lunch, went back to sleep till evening time. What a faster way to pass the time.


was alive and kicking at 11:58 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com