Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Those people who've read the home news on the straits times today would have known what I'm talking about. Diners at the kenny rogers outlet at suntec discovered a live cockroach on the pita they ordered. Being practically shocked, I'm read the whole article again and realized it's not joke or anything. It was a photograph of a small cockroach on top of the food that the couple ordered. It wasn't even dead or squashed, there it was ready to move on with whateverit needs to do. I bet it doesn't even know the commotion that it has caused, it's just doing what it's doing, that is to feed.

I can't imagine what would have happened had any of the couple ate their food without any knowledge of the cockroach being inside. Like what the article mentioned, the poor wife went to the toilet to vomit out her food, that must have been a very terrifying meal for her. It's not just a woman's thing before I'm accused of being a sexist. I'm not really a big fan of bananas since young because I've had a bad experience with it. I was eating a piece of it and had wanted to carry on with a second bite. Getting a bit apprehensive because there was black spot on the area that I wanted to chew on. Using my hand to pluck off that black spot shocked me because on my hands were 2 or 3 small maggots like worms.

Can you imagine how disgusted I was? I don't think it was anybody's fault. Certainly not the seller because he was just doing a business, how could he have known if some housefly decided to lay its eggs onto the banana. It took me quite a while to starting eating bananas again and now I'm all right with it. From eating fried goreng pisang that my malay neighbour gives, bananas in the swensen ice cream to even one for the last 8km of my 24km route march. It gave me the energy I needed for the gruelling walk and managed to satisfy my hunger for a while. I learnt that bananas were good for providing energy to humans without the stomach getting too full or bloated back in acs(I). My tennis friends ate it during training and in between breaks during competition. It has worked for me not just for the route march but during my rugby training back in school as well. For those who don't like bananas, maybe an apple would be just nice but probably the result won't be as good.

The authorities can go ahead and fine kenny rogers all they want to punish them but in the eyes of the consumer, the image of kenny rogers had long been tarnished. I frequent the chain of restaurants around the fountain of wealth at suntec often with friends and families because you've got everything under one roof literally. Some of the restaurants that I like are the ones that sell indonesian food like sanur and sundanese, crystal jade, one that sells pricey hotpot, country mana and many more. For fish and co and nydc, the outlets at wheelock place and nydc holland village sounds better. The one at suntec to me seems a bit exposed and kinda like a food court. The last time there was a cockroach incident was the one from taco bell. I've never tried taco bell before and I don't intend to. As for kenny rogers, I don't think I'll be patronizing them for a long long time.

Singapore is taking on Indonesia tomorrow evening at 8pm. We need to win or at least draw to secure our place in the semi finals. For those who're free, tune in on cable tv or make a trip down to the national stadium. At least support your country on tv. The country doesn't ask much from its citizens.


was alive and kicking at 11:32 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com