|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 I feel old when I hang around people 2 years younger than me, that is people born in 1988(the dragon year). They're my colleagues at work and I admire them for still having their youth literally. They went back last friday to collect their a level results and it reminded me of myself 2 years ago. There's nothing much you can do about your results cause what's done had been done, just gotta pray that everything will turn out well. Everything did pretty well, even the ones who didn't do that well will be able to go somewhere. That's important because for guys, we don't have the luxury of retaking a levels or pursuing your education in a poly. We simply don't have the time to waste. I personally feel that schools aren't really important, it's important to get that degree and find a suitable job. Since the rest are on a cruise probably somewhere in phuket now, I've been spending most of my time with the pjc people in work. Life still goes on without my friends even though it can get a bit lonely at the beginning but I'm now used to it. I immersed myself in the work and get as much done as possible. Making decisions on rejects, painting all the cracks and chips are now my jobs, assembling the oak shelves and logos as well and entertaining kumar ain't easy as the rejects come in faster than we can make new ones. It's easy to ask for help from tong and gerald when they were around but it's all about moving on. The war goes on even when your co, pc or sergeant is not around. You've gotta rise up to the occasion. It's a bonus having your friends in work but it's not always the case. It's actually the first time at work that I'm having my close friends with me while the rest of the time I've to start making new ones. These few days have actually given the chance to know these guys better in person instead of just talking about work all the time. Stuff like what courses they plan to take with their results and most importantly of all, the ns that awaits them come april. It's come to be able to share my ns experiences with them even though my vocation is not as glamourous as commandos or other infantry ones but 2 years is really a long time. Whether you're clerk or a high flier during your nsf life, you did contribute 2 years of national service. Looking at the pjc people, it's good to know they're untainted by the army yet. It's better not to know so much before you go in or you will start to worry for nothing. I always tell them not to work so hard everyday, must really enjoy and enjoy your freedom before they enlist. Otherwise it's really gone before you know it. Dinner with them at pastamania was nice because we all needed a good meal after work and lunch wasn't really good in the first place. It's also been a while since I last had a meal there also. It's so much better than having rice, I need a change of diet for dinner all the time. Lunch has always been rice but I can't complain cause it's free and rice gives me the energy I need for work. I can't imagine saying bye to these guys once this project is over because it's always hard to say goodbye. We'll probably keep in contact but for how long is something that is uncertain and unpredictable. Guys will be in army while the girls will be in university. Friendship is not easy to come by and we should all treasure it. Back to camp tomorrow to settle the last few clearances before the pink ic beckons on friday.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|