Saturday, March 31, 2007

The squash friendly with singapore poly was a success for everyone in the team. It was a satisfying trip down to dover for me as well, played 3 guys and won all 3 of them. Couldn't have asked for more. While most people will be contended and hoping that they are paired up with a lousy opponent and thrashed the daylights out of him, I'm not interested at all in just winning senseless matches. It may be good to have a morale boaster now and then, you've to realize it doesn't help improve your game at all. I rather be the one that's getting thrashed all the time but I will get to learn from my mistakes and what aspects to improve on in my game.

Yesterday's games with those 3 guys gave me a chance to maintain and improve on my basics and how I should not be complacent. Somehow I ended up with a messy and bloodied nose yesterday while playing an opponent that looks like wolverine. Before the match when I didn't know who my opponent was yet, I just had this feeling that he would be the one. What I didn't expect was having him smash his racket straight into my face(the nose area). Seeing that my specs were all right, I wanted to proceed on with the match. That bastard stopped me and said "Your nose is bleeding". I touched it and my fingers were filled with blood immediately. What was going through my mind was that it's a typical nose bleed. I didn't know that it was quite a deep cut and the blood couldn't stop flowing out. I think miss loi and the everyone else was quite shocked by what they've seen.

I went for a wash in the toilet and saw that I looked like an ugly sight. Couldn't care less about the blood that couldn't stop flowing and went back to the courts. Told the bastard that I wanted to carry on with the match and he was pleasantly shocked. He must be thinking "He's bleeding like mad and he wants to carry on?' You bet I wanted to. To carry on so that I can finish thrashing him. Even tong could tell that I was pissed off with him. He may not have meant it but somehow he wasn't very sincere about apologizing to me. What you guys don't know is that he's some fat ass guy who's obviously in the wrong sport. Hit the damn ball and just stand there. Goodness know how many lets I've gotta ask. He even shook his own head everytime I asked for it. I'm quite surprised how I managed to control my own temper and even shook his hands after I've won the match. It could have easily been a fight. Well, it doesn't mean I will lose just becuse he's bigger.

It's ironic that I've lost more blood in a squash match that it seems I've been playing rugby. Even my mother thought I went for a rugby friendly. I wonder when will I play that game again. Highly unlikely, at the most touch rugby only. There's a line of friendlies coming up, with temasek poly and possibly against anderson jc. Smu will have to wait until they're done with their exams first. Sounds exciting and I'm eager to pit myself against these season pros and learn something from them. Me and my friends are trying our best to organize as many friendlies and possible. It's quite funny when we think about it. Maybe it's to make up for the loss of playing time during the 2 years of ns. We're like rushing to make up for it.

We just wanna do the things that we never really had the time to do while we were in army. Without the fear of extras and rushing home to pack my bags for booking in.


was alive and kicking at 11:55 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com