|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, April 09, 2007 Form books were thrown out of the window this weekend for a few matches in the epl. For supporters of man u and arsenal like me, you must be utterly devastated. Especially so for arsenal fans, can't say the same for man u ones. Considering rio ferdinand scored the own goal to condemn his side to a defeat, there's not much I can say about that. On the other hand, goal shy arsenal fell to a goal that was highly controversial. It looked off-side but sometimes arsenal only got themselves to blame. We had like 23 shots at one time to zero for west ham. Yet, we had no goals to show for it while west ham were leading 1-0 at half time. We need better finishing and of course more luck. Credit to robert green for some excellent goalkeeping. It's a must win game against newcastle if we are to stand a chance for some champions league football next season. Received a letter from nie few days ago regarding details of my course. There's a course briefing on the 19th April 2007 at some auditorium at moe. Everything is fine except the timing, it's way too early. I'm glad that I stay quite near to moe, just 4 stations away only. I probably don't have to worry about waking up on time cause I'll be awake anyway considering what time I sleep nowadays. By the time the briefing starts, I'll start to get drowsy and hopefully, the eyes will open. Familiar faces like philip and jaron from my camp will be around, I'll hopefully get to see who are my classmates when school starts. Boon hui was telling me he has this cross country friend from hcjc who's in the same course as me. I'm not a fortunate as other people, take for eg, people from my class or same arts combination. Most people in my jc who're in arts are all flocking to fass. Most of the girls in my class are there and every guy as well except for me, tong, kenneth and samuel. The chances of seeing familiar faces is higher than me knowing someone in sports science. That's not something I'll worry about anyway because it's all about making new friends in a new environment. I was in the same situation for jc and army. Jc was all right cause there were a few acs(I) people who followed me to jjc. On the morning of enlistment, I was feeling nervous and worried about what's gonna happen next. I was even cautioned by the sergeant stationed at the SFT for not tucking in my shirt, it seemed like a bad start isn't it? Lucky enough I saw someone familiar and guess who it was, it was rahmat from my sec school. I stared at him for a moment he stared back. A smile from both of us and a handshake took away whatever worries I had for that moment. It was reassuring to see a friend who's in the same situtation as me. The thing about Singaporeans is that they like to stay in their safety zones or net and are unwilling to to try new things or venture into new territories. I've heard of cases whereby people go into fass for the sake of going in without thinking much about it. For the sake of comfort, familiarity and convenience, fass was the chosen one. Well, I've run out of comments for these people. Unless you're into teaching next time as a career or have an interest in those subjects. you better think twice about your decision. Life in Singapore is indeed straightforward and like a path. It's never winding and not bending. Take for example the time most Singaporeans take to rest, relax or engage in some recreation activities. A very small percentage of Singaporeans do that. This thought came to my mind on my way home in my father's car on saturday evening after dinner. At a traffic light junction, I see people on their way home probably after work or after meeting their friends. We don't have much to look forward to in Singapore, just the weekends that's all. For most people, it's the chinese new year and christmas festive period that gives us the reason to celebrate and come together with family and friends. Other than that, hardly anyone of us gives a damn or can't take time out to do so. I was watching this fire ants documentary on animal planet and how the people in a particular state in usa turned something negative into something positive. Instead of whining about the damage the fire ants are causing, the whole town has turned into a festival where everyone comes together to celebrate. There's good food and drinks and everyone is having a fabulous time. To those awaiting for university to start, treasure your time now before you start to lose your freedom again. Not to the army but to the world of books.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|