|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, June 25, 2007 I had people msging me saying it's the end for Arsenal now that Henry is leaving. The usual jeers and teasing from friends who are out to prove that the end for Arsenal is surely near with the departure of the man they called the 'saviour". To be honest, his departure didn't really affect me that much as Vieira's one. Surprising isn't it? Vieira was the man that held the midfielder together with Petit and he left big shoes for his replacements to fill. In came Gilberto and Fabregas who were relatively unknowns. During Henry's absence this season due to injury, Gilberto proved to an able deputy and took on the captain's role well and it happened to be his top scoring season as a defensive midfielder. For a teenager who is younger than me, I was worried that Fabregas had alot to do and prove at the highest level. All my worries were unfounded. Arsenal do win more games and play better when Henry is around but it seemed that we've become too dependent on him. That's not good. We need to be more like Manchester United where every player chips in with a few goals. He's 30 years old this year and you can't blame the man for wanting to seek catalans pastures. Arsenal promises so much but always fail to deliver and it must be a devastasting blow to the man who has won everything except the champions league. The right age to seek a new challenge at a club who has a higher chance of winning trophies. The rebuilding and transition period continues for Arsenal and surely the headlines will read whenever Arsenal loses a game next season "Gunners without Henry the ammo". I wonder what's the new front pairing like next season. Van Persie & Adebayor? Van Persie & Ryan Babel? There are lots of rumours with owen and even bad boy anelka coming back. Whatever it is, give it to the man who gave 8 years of excellent service to the club that turned him from a winger into one of the most feared strikers today. Thiery Henry 1999-2007 It's not that I slept early yesterday but I did spent close to 2 hours from 1am to 3am sorting out my matriculation and teacher training agreement documents. Philip msg me on msn asking whether I've received my ntu letter and it struck me that I've not opened the mailbox on a saturday. Rushed down and opened it and was relieved to see the envelope containing my contract documents and matriculation papers. Can you imagine if philp hasn't remainded me? I would probably be in a rush today trying to figure out what's going on. Thanks again megaboi. Lots of forms to be filled and I spent the evening just now filing them before it's neatly fastened with paper clips according to their importance. I received the mail on 23rdJune2007, Saturday and they want the ntu documents part to be submitted by mail on 25thJune2007, Monday? Did I get the instructions wrong or are they trying to be funny with me? There is no way this package will reach NIE by monday unless the postman decides to work overtime on Sunday. Which means I will be meeting Philip and Jaron tomorrow to hand it personally over to them. Not that I mind, can settle any queries we have with them. Guess from now till school starts, I'll be busy with settling these paperwork and now I know why people usually quit their jobs 1 or 2 months before school starts. Either you're tired of working or most importantly of all, everyone needs a break from work and some freedom before school starts. Some precious time with yourself, family and loved ones. I'm already 21 years old this year, it does feel good to be taking charge of your life and the things you want to do. Simple things like filling in the endless forms, signing it, pasting my passport size photos, photostating the relevant documents to sending it out etc. I take absolute pride in doing that. Just look back and remember the days when you were still a young child and such procedures were all taken are of by your parents. All you need to do is just to buy the books stated on the book list, buy your new white shoes and socks and just get ready to show up for school. Things are indeed different now. The choice of university and course are decided by me and even the modules which I will want to take come july will also be done by me. There's only so much your parents can do for you when you're all but grown up. Gotta learn to face the world yourself. Just now my sister asked me whether I would enjoy teaching and stay in this career forever. The future is always unknown and it's no use saying "yes" or "no" now. What's certain is that in the near future, I will be in school enjoying what I'm doing. Even if I do move on, it has gotta be something related to teaching, working and interacting with students. Otherwise, nothing is to going to make me leave this teaching circle. 25th June Submission Of Necessary Documents To NIE 30th June A trip down to moe to sign the Teacher Training Agreement 20th July Matriculation 25th - 28th July PESS Orientation Camp 3rd August NTU Freshmen Welcome Day Nanyang Auditorium 9.45am to 12pm I will be attending it with all the engineering students while my friends from business, design, communication, humanities, life sciences and maths will be attending the afternoon one. So that's my schedule for the month of july all the way till school starts for all NTU students come 3rd August 2007. NUS people start on the 6th August and I don't know about the SMU ones. It's a day that everyone is looking forward to after the 2 years ordeal in army. Not a single day goes by in army without me thinking of and wanting to be a student once again. I've promised not to grumble once I'm one and after seeing how a solder's life was like. However, surely the homework and stress will surely affect a person now and then but I would probably think twice before making any noise. Would you rather be in your room revising your notes or holding your sar21 rifle and awaiting command to move out and await enemy contact in the jungle? The choice is obvious. It seemed that everyone is using the internet to reveal details of their orientation packages through websites like blogspot. I was showing nichloas mine and he showed me his humanities one. The usual 4 days to 5 days week long orientation camp that everyone will be attending before school starts. In my case, it's gonna take place during my school curriculum time which meant that I officially cannot attend any of the optional ones organized by various clubs and groups in ntu. Not that I really care since mine will be damn fun. PESS(Physical Education & Sports Science) has their own camp away from the subject trainee teachers. Yes, Philip and Jaron only have to attend a 3 days 2 nights camp, lucky people. Mine is a 4 days 3 nights camp which promises to be exhaustive and they require us to have a certain level of fitness prior to the camp. Surely it can't be worse than enlistment? That has to be the worst day. A chance to make new friends and bond with your fellow course mates before actualy studying begins. It's a good deal there. I still remember the sec 3 trip to Kunming and that 1 week spent together enabled me to know my classmates really well. When we reached Singapore, it was sad parting with your newly-made friends. Let's hope that this feeling will be felt in the upcoming one which I'll be attending. Luckily I'm not staying in hall because everyone is fighting tooth and nail for places. Like Weili said : "Let's not fight with people who need the places more than us." For your information, he stays a mere 15 mins walk away from ntu. Education is not cheap nowadays. During my sister's time, she paid less than 4k for a year in ntu. Now, it's a range of 5k to 6k for a year in any local universities. Let's not forget the bits and pieces you need to pay for as well. I need to pay like at least $45 a year for a small locker to put my sports equipment or up to $93 for large one. The list below shows what a basic student in NTU pays upon registration. Registration Fee - $15 NTU Students' Union Entrance Fee - $10.50 NTU Students' Union Annual Subscription - $25.20 Group Insurance For PE Teachers - $4 Computer Fee - $13.65 Laboratory Fee - $15.75 Sports Fee - $25.20 University Copyright Licence Fee - $7 Amenities Fee - $12.60 Student Health Service Fee - $52.50 That's $229.40 altogether. Let's not forget the prices for orientation camps and equipment I have to pay myself. Not that I'm complaining, you can't put a price cap on education. The main point is, you know you owe your parents alot alot next time when you grow up. For those pursuing a degree overseas or through a long-distance course, it's at least 10k a year in school fees. It's not about the money you owe them but their love for you. They work hard to put you through university and it's only right we do well to reward them. Who doesn't want their son or daughter to do well in life? Gotta watch my spending from now on. The $300 GST package I'm receiving from the government will go nicely towards paying of the above list. Exactly 1 month to school, can't wait for it
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|