Monday, July 23, 2007

Finally done with registration/matriculation on friday morning. There's a reason why they stated the time on the paper as from 9am to 12pm. When I reached there like 10 mins past 9am, there was already a long queue snaking all the way to the exit doors. It's not just kiasu students but your typical Singaporean to always want to be the one of the first in line. It does feel pretty good to get everything sorted out and be one step closer to starting school. Get all the admin and paperwork done because when they arrive, they really arrive in one big pile. Earlier in the evening, I was sorting and keeping the ones that doesn't have anymore usage into my academic file. So what were the stuff I received on friday? My ntu student card(which functions like a 11b), an orientation t shirt, 1 sling bag, my nie portal account details, 1 full range highlighter and a notepad. Not to mention I spent quite a large sum of money. $52.50 for the student's health fee and $95 for my camp. Well, for education you can never place a price on it.

You can constantly read in the forums, papers and magazines on how rude and selfish Singaporeans can be when taking public transport. Take for example the escalator which leads you to the platform in the mrt station, there are always a few bad eggs spoiling the good ones. While most dutifully keep to the left side, there are a few that likes to block the way by standing on the right. I used to be guilty of that last time and ignoring whether my actions would affect the other commuters. When you read about how polite the Japanese are everywhere they go, you cannot help but feel we are certainly lacking behind them. That's bad cause I hate the Japs. Which is why I always make it a point to stand on the left side because I put myself in the shoes of others. I don't like people to block my passage and vice versa.

Another old guard, Ljungberg has left Arsenal for West Ham for a fee of 3 million pounds. People might be shocked to see that his departure will affect me more than Henry's one. His overall contribution throughout his 9 years stay was excellent although not just in terms of goal. A team player who chips in occasionally when he's needed. He was like the David Beckham of the team, known for his flashy and eccentric lifestyle and hairstyle as well. Known for his spiky dyed hair and his modelling for ck underwear earlier on in his career, he's somehow more toned down these few seasons. Because of the new and younger players brought in, he lost his place which was really a pity. I could still like picture in my mind 3 or 4 years back, he had a wonderful time scoring more than 15 goals a season.

I don't know what to say. Let's hope he can enjoy his game once more at Upton Park. With more and more players like him leaving the club, I cannot help but worry about the future of Arsenal.

Freddie Ljungberg
1998 - 2007


was alive and kicking at 11:46 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com