|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 The rainy weather thus far is only good for one thing - that is to get cosy in your bed and have a good nap. I know people will be envious of me to have such a lifestyle but it's all gonna end pretty soon, considering my school or orientation camp will start next week. I would like to get out there and get my body in shape but the weather these few days is really making me lazy. I haven't like played squash for more than a month already but I'm not really missing the game. There's like soccer to make up for it. I mean it's good if I can get a game of squash now and then but of course, soccer will beat it hands down anytime. Soccer last saturday was fun because I think we played for more than 4 hours and the weather was kind to us. Not that hot and the skies looked threatening. In the end, it just made the weather cooler and enabled us to lengthen the game to like 6.30pm. Shared a cab home with nich, mouth and turts because I was really too tired to get take the train home. It could be the last soccer we are gonna have for some time because alot of guys are gonna be MIA because of their respective orientation camps. Namely the smu students who will be going for their sports camp. As I'm typing now, Nich is away in ntu for his humanties camp and very soon, mine will start next wednesday. Whenever I typed the word "camp", it just reminds me of army. Even though it's orientation camps that all uni-bound students are attending, you cannot but help wonder that 2 years ago, it was army camps that we were all booking into. Times have changed and definitely for the better. We are able to be ourselves with no fear of regimentation or extras. The workload in uni is no doubt gonna be tough but it's not all about studying, there's bound to be a time when you have to enjoy your stay in there. Play and have fun with your course mates if you don't get what I mean. I probably forsee myself kicking a ball around at the street soccer court in src after school or the court in nie. If I can get some squash mates in my course, it would be good to play also. There's no point going to town after school because the journey there alone will tire you out. It will be like the jjc days, finding things to do in campus. I'm not a town person anyway, if I were to catch a movie with my friends, it will most likely be in jurong point - the nearest mall to ntu. After matriculation this friday, I'll more or less just be waiting for school to begin. The major thing left would be arranging my modules and how many days a week do I want to go school. Everything would be clearer after this friday. No point thinking so much also. It seemed like yesterday that I was just tidying up my room after a levels and throwing away the notes that I won't be using anymore. 3 years on, it's time to embark on another stage of a student's life again. Honestly, it won't be easy after 2 years of non-action. Anyone who has tried to pick up his books or attempted to memories will know what I'm talking about. I just gotta take it one step at a time. Night cycling was really fun and it's been really a while since I've last gone for one. Hopefully, there will be more chances for further outings next time. I mean it's just you and your bicycle out there but I really hate it when the bicycle chain comes out. Certainly not an expert when it comes to fixing such problems and I gotta depend on my friends to fix it. Other than that, the feeling of the cool night wind blowing across your face is just wonderful. Although there are steep slopes and surfaces to overcome, it's really nothing compared to the serenity of the night view. Here's to the last few days of freedom before I step into the world of books once again.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|