|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, August 12, 2007 I'll be glad if I can blog at least once a week from now on now that school has began. It's not as bad as it sounds, just that having a 5 day week that ends around evening time daily makes it a bit tiring. It just takes some getting used to after bumming around for so many months. Time to get the engine up and running. People nowadays always asked me why am I so burnt and dark now, kinda like a swimmer. The answer is pretty obvious, I spent alot of time out in the sun, mostly engaging in soccer and other sports. However, for the past few days, it's been soccer and soccer non-stop. Yesterday's soccer could be and most likely will be the last meet up at acjc now that nus is starting tomorrow as well. Smu itself is starting on the 20th. That means that everyone will be busy settling down into their respective university lives and their weekends might be filled with either ccas or reading up on their schoolwork. It's not really a loss to me if there's isn't gonna be soccer at acjc for sometime because there's always khakis in pess to play with. Get a ball, a court and the games commences! Slowly starting to know the guys in my class now and the first soccer game we played together as really fun even though it was scorching hot. We started playing at 2.30pm and ended close to 5pm so you can imagine we felt that full force of the sun on us and our bodies. Slowly bit by bit, my body has become conditioned to such weather. It's not good I know but if ever there is a need to play matches in those torrid conditions, I know I can do it, so can my classmates. The only down side to my class is that out of the 30 plus people, only 3 are girls. Like Praba puts it, "I feel as if I'm in a boys school all over again" How apt, coming from the man himself. Whoever said pe teachers are slack and university life is slack ought to be shot. They probably studied overseas or something. The workload can be heavy and pretty scary and since I'm taking geography, you can imagine how many readings I've gotta do. Bring in physical education and sports science materials, education psychology and values of education modules, it's really a long night ahead when it comes to mugging for exams. Pe teachers in NIE have the worse timetables. It's confirmed already. I looked at those outside of pe and those in the primary school track, they really have a good life. Not that I'll get jealous over it. Lots of other students teachers would love to be in our shoes. Playing sports and games during some of our tutorials and practicals, I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm thankful for the fact that I've made a lot of new friends in this faculty and being able to take other modules enables me to know more friends and girls as well. The key word being "girls" says alot. I'm not desperate, just that after 2 years of army, I wouldn't wanna be surrounded by guys again. Those who have started university will know, those who haven't? You just gonnna discover it for yourselves. It's part of the fun of being in university. So the verdict of the bidding system is out for those studying in FASS. Congrats to those who got what they wanted, can't say much for those who didn't get their choices. That's the way it works for nus. I'm not from that school so I can't say much except that it's rather unfair. People go to university to major and take modules that they like but ended with chinese literature, philosophy and theatre studies etc. I'm glad I'm able to pursue the subjects that I like. The epl season has started once again and to be honest, I miss ESPN. The new channels are great and it's something new for soccer fans out there. Joe and Co just doesn't have the attractions that people like John Dykes have. I mean it's like the first time I've seen Peter Reid since he was sacked by Sunderland and how ironic it was to have him commenting on the Sunderland vs Spurs match. Please please please bench Lehmann before he condemns Arsenal to another season of underachievement. How can he do such a miskick and ended up with Healy scoring such an easy goal. Lucky for him, Van Persie and Helb saved his ass. Whatever it is, we got the 3 points and the rest don't matter. It's great to be living near campus because when the day ends late, I know home is just 35 mins ride away. Could have been shorter but you gotta take into account the waiting for the buses and trains. I'm like one of the few in class that stays near campus so I'm very fortunate to be able to go home daily while the rest gotta stay in hall. My old school phrase "The tables have turned". After 2 years of travelling to the east for national service, I mean it's time to give me a rest and let me have it easy for the next 4 years of university life. Don't really have the mood to make this a decent entry so I'll stop here. Gonna read up on my geography articles before hitting the sack. Good luck to those NUS people tomorrow. Enjoy the first day of school.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|