|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, September 10, 2007 Been busy trying to complete most of the essays and assignments which are due in october for the past week. Glad to say most of it are done, leaving just my educational psychology individual essay to work on. Even though that piece of assignment is due in november, I want to get it out of the way and start on my revision. There's just so much to do, so little time. It was e-learning week so I didn't really have to go to school but then again, the thing with universities in Singapore, it means you still have to in the end. It's just for show only. There's more homework, make-up lessons and other commitments to attend to. Had inter-class touch rugby on wednesday and we won every match. The sad thing is, we "lost" all of them of them in the end. The rule was to have a girl in every team and because there are only 2 girls in my class and they both have training, we forfeited every match that we played in - even though we gave every team we played a lesson in rugby. Praba, Sidney, Me, Nicholas, Lionel and Faz. Even though Faz's a national hockey player, the moment he played, you could tell he's a born winger. Never mind, we just take it that we're training for next year's inter-class. We've served notice to the diploma and pgde classes that we're a threat and always will be. Something unpleasant that made me rather pissed off. I caused one of my seniors - she's in diploma, to fall down badly and probably sprained her ankle during the game. That's only touch! She freaking widen her big eyes and stared at me and after the game, I was surrounded by her classmates demanding that I apologize to her. Even if they didn't surround me, I would and I even shook her hands but anyone could tell she holds a grudge against me. The thing is, the referee was from diploma also and he was even helping their class. He said this to me during the game "I've noticed that you've been very rough during the previous few games and you have to watch your actions" I was like wtf. As a referee, how can you incoporate experiences from other games into the current one? I mean for guys who played rugby, all of us play touch with a contact mindset. It's a reason why guys seldom play touch also. It sucks if you can't be allowed to tackle. Females touch ruggers are usually very tough in the mind as well and you can't expect me to give way to you and then let you score. If we're playing other games maybe yes, not touch rugby. I went over to the referee after the game to apologize but not before I left him with a parting sentence. "I've been playing rugby since sec 1 and nobody tells me it's wrong to express my anger in a match" With that I walked away. Don't freaking referee the matches if you ain't got no prior playing experiences in rugby. Well, the match is over and I don't think about them after they're long gone. Gotta move on. I've made a swift return to daily contacts now that it's back to a world of sports. I still use specs for squash because they are a form of protection for my eyes during the game. However, for invasion games like rugby and soccer, contacts are so much more convenient. Even though these daily ones cost more than my usual monthly contacts, the hassle-free is worth it. No need to wash and you can't really put a price on your eyes. They are priceless. Lessons at 8.30am again tomorrow but I don't really mind mondays now. I do look forward to schools because they're fun for me literally. There's always something new everyday and something to look forward to. I do want to sleep but still pretty much wide awake. Probably gonna read through my geo notes before I hit the sack. You know there are times you wanna complain about how tough the going is in university. Not for me. Although I prefer the carefree life during the post-ord period, I've promised myself after ord that nothing can beat being a student. I stay true to that. Rugby World Cup 2007 - The rare moments that you see grown men shedding tears when they sing their national anthems. Go Springboks!
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|