|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, November 02, 2007 The end of a rather tough week for me and in less than 2 weeks time, it's gonna be my end of semester exams, something I'm not really prepared for. I've never been so ill-prepared ever in my life, but I can take comfort that the assignments and projects part has been rather well-done in terms of meeting deadlines. I started pretty early for every assignment that came my way so while every of my classmate is rushing to meet the deadline, I can use the time wisely to complete other work. It was physical geo test, my principle of games exam and growth and development project submission day this week so you can imagine how hectic this week has been. I've gone for almost a month without updating my blog and that is so not me. Geo test was all right but that's the thing about university tests, it's so much more about analysis and not so straightforward anymore. Take for example mcq tests, it's not as easy as A, B, C or D. It's either A and B, C, D or none of the above. You even have problems guessing when it comes to the tougher questions. My first academic exam for a long long time. Never before have I sat down for 2 hours straight in a cold lecture theatre racking my brains out to write down answers. Principle of Games exam wasn't difficult but time management became a problem for most people. Every question is asking you to think and come up with solutions, modified games, reflections, questions and designing games etc to cater to the needs of both stronger and weaker students. It's bad enough that it's an examination situation and they still ask you to think so much. Maybe it's just pe modules, you can study all you can and get the theory part all inside our heads but at the end of the way, the questions will force you to analyse them and think. Then again, it's university after all. The freezing temperature wasn't helping at all and I felt like going toilet with 30 mins left and 4 pages left to complete. I'm glad it's over. Time to concentrate on my upcoming 4 papers. I even ended up with sore neck from 2 solids hours of bending my neck. That's why taking a paper in the lecture theatre sucks big time. It's really been a long time since people wished me good luck and all the best in my studies after 2 years of army. So when it eventually did happen, I was kinda taken aback but realize hey, it's back to the world of books. Asking me to stand for 6 to 9 hours back in army back then was really common but the challenge now is to sit down for 3 hours straight and hopefully not go toilet. It's all about concentrating hard during those few hours and having proper time management. Please give me strength to survive this difficult month. 15th November to 23rd November 2007 I will survive!
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|