|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, December 09, 2007 The cpr course was over before we knew it, very fast for the 3 day course. It was good basically to see the class together again after the exams. This time it was for lessons again but it is for a good cause and of course, nobody minded. It was supposed to be held in ITE Clementi but was later shifted to Bt Batok so it was good really. Just a 10 mins walk away from West Mall. On the first day, I met most of my classmates who weren't driving at the control station at 8am and we took a short walk to the school. It was funny playing tour guide for the 3 days as most of my classmates either stay in the north or the east. So it will be pretty much the same scenario if it was help in ITE Simei. ITE Bt Batok looks impressive and new on the outside but it takes one to go inside and discover what the school has to offer. The toilets for example are worse than the army ones. Either it reeks of cigarette or urine smell, which ever is stronger. By right students are not supposed to smoke but everything goes by left here I supposed. They will smoke openly in the toilet when my friends went for their toilet break. Either that or the stench of urine is equally as strong as the ammonia chemicals you get in your lab. The next funny thing that happened was the fact that there were teachers from the school who approached us as we were looking for the gym (where our lessons are held) and asking whether we're going for the electronics exam. I know it's the exam period but since we're all in either pess or outside clothing, they should have known better that we're outsiders. To be honest, we were shocked by the state of the canteen, it's not dirty or anything, just that it reminds me of my primary school one. The stalls and the layout. You get the picture. They even have a co-op shop that I call it their "Cheers", selling everything that 7-11 does to their school uniform. Even though I've gone through the practical and theory exam and passed it, I've gotta be honest and say I'm still not a pro at it yet. I do know the basic processes to perform if the need calls for it but it's just like bcct in army, there's the advanced level to go for. I did fumble through certain parts of the practical test because it's not easy to remember when everyone is on a holiday mood. The instructors like ridzuan and james teo (the owner of this company who trains scdf and police force personnel) were very friendly and made us feel right at home. I mean we were given this thick booklet which is really bio once again and I thought "Whoa we gotta memorize this stuff once again during these 3 days". In fact, nobody did. I tried reading through it and went straight to my laptop after 10 mins. I would say the course brought the degree and diploma people closer together as in this is just one of the many more courses, trips and outfield that we will be going through as a cohort in time to come. That's why the bond between pess students is very strong, as in you more or less know or have seen the other person around in school. It was great also to bring my classmates to places like the bt timah market and coffeeshops around the area for lunch. Pe students can really eat and 8 of us shared a chicken from the chicken rice stall on the last day for lunch and the meat was gone is less than 10 mins. Everyone had like 2 servings for lunch everyday. First course can be like rice, followed by noodles or carrot cake. So with intentions to go for more seafood dinners or buffets, good luck to the places we're frequently. So we bid goodbye to the instructors and ITE Bt Batok who have been a wonderful host to us for the 3 days. Even though the course starts from 8.30am to 5.30pm every day, they agreed to start later at 9am and ends the latest 4.30pm. On saturday, we even managed to leave at 3.30pm. I mean who wants to spend saturday in a school? Times flies when you're having fun. Squash training at nus yesterday was good. Beat this 15 year old guy called Brandon from sji who tried to be funny and drop me but I guess being older and more experience helped carry my game further. I've become a fan of playing 2 v 1 ever since I entered university because it not only forces me to think as a player throughout the game but also trains my endurance. So after a long period of not playing due to exams, I've more or less on my way back to full fitness after beating jeff and gerald by 3 games to 1. Dinner/Supper was good as we drove to adam road for a meal. It started to drizzle a bit as me, tong and simon walked to the bus stop for the trip home. It made the weather very cooling and pretty nice in fact. It's moments like these or waiting for the last bus home while listening to music on my mp3 that makes me feel relaxed. It's just me and the weather. When you board the last bus, you see hordes of others all going home after a long day, be it with friends or their loved ones. Busy week ahead. It beats spending time at home doing nothing.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|