|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, December 21, 2007 I was outside on Wednesday afternoon when I received a message from Philip saying the results were out already. I was kinda shocked but I did mentally prepare myself for in the event that it might be released the night before but not so soon. I mean it was supposed to be today but coming out a whole 2 days earlier is really too soon. Logged on and breathed a sign of relief when I saw my results. It was not bad, I did better than I expected considering I didn't have enough time to revise plus a host of other external factors which affected my concentration and studies. So overall, it was pretty satisfactory. A good closure to semester 1. Now I know my strengths and weaknesses and how to build on and improve on them. Now that the results are out, I can finally enjoy the rest and remaining of my holidays in peace and without any worries. I mean I wasn't really worried or going to lose sleep over it but the fact that it was my first exams after 2 years of not using your brains, it does bother you for a second. It's like "How am I gonna fare, is everything gonna be all right?" You realize that in university, it's not about comparing yourself against your peers but really just about yourself. It's all about taking yourself up to another level. This is especially so in NIE where everyone takes different minor modules. My PE classmates take PE and Maths or PE with English and we've known each other long enough to start that kind of nonsense. The fact that we are not only classmates but future colleagues says it all. The thing I like about university life is that when we've got to study during semester time, we really do. They don't touch you with holiday homework, so common in sec school and jc time during semester break. I can still remember after promos in jc1, after slacking the whole of the december holidays away, I was struggling to complete my pile of holiday work. Spent New Year's eve trying to complete my econs essay, how winner is that. Spending the eve writing about supply and demand questions. After that if I remember correctly, it was 2 questions of both physical and human geo questions. So there I was, sitting in front of the televsion and writing pages of essay. I'm glad such stuff is out of my life already. One of my favourite longan drink classmate, Kuan Yong, did very well for his exams and got 2 As for his maths papers, indeed the maths guru. One of the few guys whom I always joke and make fun of. I've been saying that next time I expect him to tutor my kids in maths, both A and E. Hopefully there's a discount? People like him make the going in NIE fun and bearable. Here's to many years of friendship pal!
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|