|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 It's back to the habit of buying the newpaper (afternoon edition) now that exams are over and school is out as well. I mean there are some news and most importantly of all, soccer and sports coverage that the straits times does not cover. So on top of reading the straits time at home daily (even during school time), I buy the newpaper as well. Reading an article today in the newpaper nearly brought tears to my eyes and for a good reason too. I did mention in one of my entries earlier about the grandmother of irin gan who was hospitalized after getting knocked down by one of the student from the college soccer team. It was with sadness that I read about her death. There was a point in time where I couldn't continue reading and I was not even half way through the article. I had to like pause for awhile and ask myself "Is this real and I really cannot believe what I was reading". It's supposed to be joyous occasion for the grandmother aged 82 next year. Irin Gan is getting married and so is one of her cousins but they're not putting off their marriage plans because of her funeral. You gotta pity the guy who knocked her down and now that she's passed away, he will be guilty for life. Till the point he breathe his last, this incident will forever be in his mind. You can't really blame him because it was really just an accident. Who would have wanted this to happen? This will hopefully teach us all a lesson and especially when I become a pe teacher next time. Please watch out for anyone, not just the young and old but anyone, who happens to be in the path of my students when they're running. Don't get too caught up in the running process or talking with your friends to bother with safety issues. All pe trainee students are thought this most important principle during the first few lessons "KISS Principle". KEEP IT SIMPLE AND SAFE Even though I left jjc for 3 years already, I can still remember her. Always there in the school by 6am and only leave when the sky turned dark. The school is not just a place where they run a business and sell their chicken rice but it's part of a home for her also. Even the workers from the supermarket across the road knows about her. That's how she will be remembered. A lady who's been there for everyone. She will be missed. Feel like going back jjc to visit my teachers one of these days. Saturday was spent in town with justin,zhao ming,boon hui and suan boon getting a $120 voucher for Chris birthday. Took a bus down to hol v where his party was being held at essential brews. My first time eating there, not a bad place with nice ambience. It's basically a place where you can chill and chat with friends, that's what hol v is basically for. They sell food ranging from finger food to main courses but the finger food itself is not bad. It's Chris 21st birthday party and you only turn 21 once. Especially now that exams are over for him and most of his friends, it's a good reason to hold a party and celebrate it. It's really a real-life friendster and facebook when somehow everyone knows that 1 or 2 friend and that person in the party happens to be chris friend. Like how I met Yuhao at his party and realize they're ocs friends. Hopefully that chap will join us for soccer soon, it's been a while since we last saw him. The class turnout wasn't that great but it was still good to see Fazly,Freddy,Justin,Boon Hui,Suan Boon, Toh Jin, Nicholas and Zhao Ming there still. Hopefully as the years and semesters passed us by, the class bond will get stronger. It's just a matter of time and some of them really do have something on like Yan who's preparing for her SEA Games. It was just good to be out there with no worries and chatting with my classmates till close to midnight. CPR course tomorrow. Well, at least there's something to do during the weekdays but I'm not so sure about spending my saturday at ITE Bt Batok from 8.30am to 5.30pm as well. 3 days with such a terrible schedule, let's not forget the theory and practical exams at the end of it too. Who says pe teachers are slack? Waiting for my class tomorrow at Bt Batok mrt station, the only good thing about this course is that it's damn near my place. 10 mins walking distance. Well, Arsenal vs Newcastle later. We need the 3 points to pull further away from Man U.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|