Friday, December 14, 2007

It's been really raining non-stop everyday this december but it's not something that I'm not used to, all 21 years of my life. Tis the monsoon season and the skies are not gonna clear till january. The only good thing so far about such a weather is that it meant I've been catching up on my sleep these few days. It's just so conducive for taking a nap as and when I like it. I can even get tired while reading newspapers on my bed, the way I always do. Close my eyes and find myself waking up a few hours later, not that I'm complaining. It does get a bit boring this hols but it's really better than being in school. I've got friends complaining that they want school to start? I rather be bored than be busy, can't imagine myself rushing to meet deadlines and completeing 2500 words essays again for now. I do need a break.

I try my best to go out everyday if possible, I mean it really beats staying at home. Such weather does affect me and my friends' plans for going out and not to mention good ol soccer. I try my best to play 2 or 3 times a week, it helps that me and my classmates are able to book the indoor court in the mph or the street soccer court. As pe teachers, we always plan for both dry and wet weather programmes so the rain isn't gonna dampen our play. However, when I play with my other friends, soccer can always be cancelled at the last minute as the skies started to change colour. I mean even if the rain stops, the court will still be damn wet and makes playing rather dangerous.

I've taken a different outlook on life now that I'm older? Especially after my army stint. Soccer games for me in sec school and jc were all about winning and outwitting your opponents. The same things still apply for now but with more positive elements added to it. Thanks to the Principle of Games module last semester, even when watching soccer on tv or waiting for my turn to play, I've been spending my time analysing the strengths and weaknesses of both my own team and my opponents and what is the best way to overcome these obstacles. Last time I was so obsessed with staying in the game and playing until I was shagged and satisfied that I often forget that there are people out there still waiting for their turn to play. I mean it's all about small-sidedness and getting everyone involved. Pardon me, but it's just what I've learnt in uni. I see it's good that I'm able to apply it in real life game situations, for the benefit of everyone.

I mean I've been in situations where I didn't get a chance to play as much as I would like, especially in lower secondary rugby days. So I know how that student or kid out there who looks on and wonder when will his turn come feels. Soccer or squash outings for me now are all about meeting up with friends, having a good meal after a tiring workout. That's me, you won't see me spending my free time or weekends drinking or partying in clubs. I see it as a waste of time and money when I could be doing something more beneficial like sweating it out. Some people will just say I've got no life. Life, it's how you live and see it.

Christmas is coming real soon, so are my results and honestly, I've not really felt the spirit of christmas yet. However, it's just a matter of time before I do. No plans yet for christmas, I don't wanna spend it alone after I did in JC1 before and the feeling really sucks. At the end of the day, you know there's a family to look forward to for every holiday. Especially this festive season.


was alive and kicking at 11:35 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com