Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's gonna be Christmas eve tomorrow, as of now, I've got no plans and it seems unlikely that there will be any. It seems to be the same story year in and year out. High hopes after every final examinations to be able to spend it with someone special and especially so for this year. Somehow, things don't always work out and go the way you want it to be. Christmas is one of the main festive holidays that everyone looks forward to as it signals the end of the year and being able to spend quality time with family and friends. Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas for all its festive spirit, decorations, shopping and food but it's also the occasion where I feel lonely and emo. It's just me.

Soccer yesterday was good, had a solid workout and game. Saw Navin Naidu - the future lawyer and Biaoming who's still in ns. Haven't see both guys in person for damn long so it was a good catch up session. That's what I like about soccer on saturday, it's not so much of a game anymore, more like seeing how's everyone after they left acs(I). Be in army, uni, working or overseas, it was good catching up. With the reopening on school in a few weeks, I wonder how many more such sessions do we have. Not many I predict with the heavy workload and busy schedules we all have.

I can only enjoy whatever there is left. Great weather and it drizzled abit but the clouds managed to hold out till we ended the game at around 6pm. I'm glad it didn't rain because I cannot imagine playing and kicking the ball in puddles of water. Quite satisfied with my game yesterday, tackled and played hard, couldn't ask for more. I'm a right-back by nature, although I like to join in the attack like Sagna because it trains my stamina and endurance. This is why I like utility players like John O Shea or Flamini. In fact, such players are the unsung heroes of their team and often doing the dirty work. Such is life recently that I've been playing alot more soccer than I've been going out and doing other things.

Was talking to 2 of my army friends today. One's my spec from the other shift who ord in june this year and is working in Jurong Island, the other is my junior from my shift who's still wearing the green uniform. Sad to hear that he will be working in shifts and on Christmas eve and New Year's eve as well. I mean surely FDS has trained of all us well in forging your holidays in the name of the nation. Whether or not anyone of us will be working on such holidays again really depends on the job we're working in next time. Sometimes if the nature of the job demands it, there's not much we can do.

My junior on the other hand, has to be in camp for Christmas and New Year's eve itself. How nice right? Well, I've been there and done it. I mean it just goes to show how much I treasure life outside of army, even a normal day. Can still remember the day where my shift was mounting on Christmas eve, the whole of my shift was at Viper2 counting down with those who were doing duty. When the clock struck 12, we coms back and wished our sergeant Merry Christmas. Ordered macs and that's how we spent it. Together with a bunch of people who didn't get to spend it outside of camp. It's nice to know you ain't alone sometimes.


was alive and kicking at 11:15 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com