|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Saturday, December 29, 2007 Sunday is probably the only in a week that I stop to take a rest and not get involved in any footie action. It is certainly a much needed rest for me considering that I've been playing almost daily if not everyday. The cramps are starting to creep in and better than to risk it, I know when not to push my body too much. Can certainly see the effect of playing soccer regularly, I'm so much fitter, with better endurance and sharper in front of goal. Compared to the better players around me, I've got no skill or dribbling ability but I make up for it with my tenacity and aggression. If there's any chance that comes my way, I just gotta take it. Finally met up with the band people today for soccer after having not since most of them since sec 4 ended. Guo has been asking me down and I really felt bad for not showing up so I decided on friday night that I'll be down there, even if it meant that I won't get enough sleep since it will be at 9am in the morning. I don't often play soccer in the morning unless it's with my class so it was weird getting out of my house so early in the morning. Since there was no soccer with the 4.3 people today, I had to find alternative sources to satisfy my footie craze. That showed how desperate or hungry I am for soccer nowadays. Met some old friends from the band days and it was good catching up with everyone, be it from acs(I), acjc or even new ones that I met today. That's the good thing about soccer, we may be on different teams during game play but at the end of the day, soccer brings everyone together and we make new friends. Soccer with the 4.3 guys should resume next saturday and it might be the last one before school resumes for the ntu and smu people. That is really what Nicholas will say the "mid season break" and certainly one that will last for some time because of the busy schedule of university life. That means I'll be playing 2 matches on saturday but it's not something I'm not used to. Usually after soccer on saturday, I'll head to the guild house for some squash and although it might be seen as tiring for most, it's something I've become used to. Tired is only a word, it ain't gonna bother you if you don't think about it. Well, the good thing about playing in the morning is that it doesn't rain but when it hits noon time, it gets really hot and affects the players. Just when I'm starting to really enjoy my holidays, school is going to start in less than 2 weeks time. That's the reality of life. I'm thankful for this much needed break, even though it's only a month's worth of time. Spending time with family, friends and especially friends whom I've not seen for a long time is indeed meaningful for me. I just received my timetable a few days ago and it's worse than last semester's one. Although I'm used to the fact that being in pe means that I'm taking more modules than the rest of the faculty people but it's the first time I've got 2 days ending at 7.30pm. My friday is burnt as well, ending at 5.30pm when it was like 11.30am last semester. Well, I love school and I've got no complains when it comes to spending 5 days in there. I would have probably spend my fridays mugging in the library or playing some sport in the campus anyway. Which is why I want to spend the remaining of my holidays well, living everyday like it's the last. I know that once school starts, there's gotta be a lot of stuff that I won't be able to do and that includes meeting up with friends or going out. The fact that ntu is located in boon lay means that going anywhere else is gonna be a problem. That's the reason why I tend to spend my free time, even on a friday where people will tend to head to town or anywhere else in school. It's good to have some time to yourself now and then, even if it's in the school library or having a game of squash with a friend.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|