Sunday, January 20, 2008

2 weeks of school has come and gone by, time really passes by so fast. It's gonna be week 3 tomorrow and I take back whatever I said before school started. All the nonsense regarding me slacking till chinese new year is impossible, with all the readings and working starting to pile up. If I want my cny week and break, I've gotta start early and complete the necessary assignments. Weekdays are tough, with lessons ending close to 8pm on certain days, thursday is burnt no thanks to squash. I'm spending my whole friday in school, how nice isn't it? I mean it pretty obvious how friday feels like. The canteen is devoid of people, library is virutally empty except for the usual muggers, houseflies in the canteen taking a break too and the crowds for buses out of ntu is not there as well.

In spite of all these, I love school. I love what I am doing and studying. Soccer was great on saturday. It was a pleasant surprise to receive the msg from nich saying there will be footie action. Usually when semester starts, there will be no action but it's good to really keep this session going. Good to see everyone again and we all need the exercise. Haven't really watched a proper rugby match for ages and how nice to have it just right beside where we were playing at acjc. Ntu is playing smu soon and it was nice having first-hand action.

Seeing how acjc play, even though it's against a university opposition just shows how much their standard has dropped. I mean they are still a good team but never a great one. The best team ever and the one I will ever respect has to be the one from my year. The all-conquering one. Winning the World Youth tournament in Wales and sweeping both the C and B division with players like Ridzuan, Emil, Mark Teng, Turts, Daniel, Kenneth, Zhu Wei, Keith, David and co. The list goes on and on. Even though I was just a waterboy, it was really a honour to train with them. I know personally how epl players from both arsenal and man u feels when they drop a division or play for other teams. The drop in standard is so huge. Well, jjc was a place where I can play day in and day out as compared to the acs(I) days.

It also made me realize how far we have come and how old we're getting. From C to IVP, we've really made a huge leap. Of course, not all of us are playing ivp level because the standard is just too huge. Not only will I be injured at this level but I will also be jacking myself with the skills I've got. For now, I'm just contended with playing touch and occasionally the inter-hall rugby where standard is just right for me.

Was watching a documentary on 2 old women on channel 8 just now and I've got an immense sense of respect for them. It's not easy living your old age in Singapore and to reach a century is really an achievement. However, one has gotta something to live for and has something meaningful to do or to keep yourself occupied. Basically, having a wonderful family and a positive outlook on life is the key to living to a ripe old age. I've seen old people at my void deck sleeping at the cosy corner, reading newspapers or walking around aimlessly. When I grow old, I wanna be healthy and be able to still contribute to society and not depend on anyone.

What's the funniest thingy I've heard over the weekend? Kaiting telling his own teammate to "siam" so he can take a shot at goal. It had all of us on our knees.


was alive and kicking at 11:44 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com