Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Have brought my laptop to school countless times but this is the first time I'm blogging from school, NIE library to be exact. Still got an hour more before badminton lesson starts, just waiting for time to pass me by. The weather outside says it all, pouring like there's no tomorrow while I'm surrounded by a sea of muggers. This is a scene that is so common in universities libraries around Singapore.

Spent the whole afternoon doing my physical geography data and statistics tutorial and had just completed my AED104 (Information and Communcation Technology)online forum discussion. Like my friends said, I'm always spoiling the market with my ever lengthy essay but that's the way I am, all quantity but no quality. Always letting my emotions flow as I write. In case you think I'm free, I'm not. Had lessons from 8.30am to 10.30am followed by a 7 hours break till 5.30pm. Shall be heading over to the mph soon to indulge in some racket/volleyball action before actual badminton begins with Mr Lam (the ever so fatherly figure).

I'm very thankful for weekends because they are the only 2 days where I can really recharge and spent quality time with my family and friends. Most importantly of all, time alone. I think you get what I mean. Sometimes, you just wanna be by yourself, no girlfriend and all. It's going to be cny next week but the cny festive mood hasn't really hit me yet. I hope it does soon, something to look forward to other than schoo life. Piles and piles of assignment is hitting me hard, not helped by e-learning week which is next week. How nice of NIE to so coveniently declare the cny week as e-learning. For those who do not know, e-learning might sound slack but it actually means more work for students. As of right now, there are 3 pieces of essays due after cny and they're worth 1500 each. Just think of the amount of research and planning one has to do to complete it.

Still remember my sister telling me she has to study for some test during her university days many years ago. Now it's all making sense to me. Why are they so heartless as to give us so much work during cny when it's the week where we should be celebrating reunions with relatives and friends. Was even joking with my friends that we might as well bring our laptops when we go house visitng. Mahjong, eating and tv watching can all take a backseat. Which is why, I aim to complete at least 2 of my essays by this sunday night, leaving me with the luxury of 2 weeks for the 3rd essay. The rationale is simple, one has to start early in order not to have his cny week burnt. Do I really picture myself camping in front of my laptop the even during cny eve? That is a horrible thought.

Well, I still haven't bought my cny clothes yet and time is running out.


was alive and kicking at 4:16 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com