|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, January 07, 2008 Some things never change do they, especially when it comes to having lessons on monday. For those who don't know, NTU and SMU begin their semester 2 on the 7th January. My timetable as usual is being planned by NIE and will continue to do so for the next 3.5 years until I graduate. I've got a 5 day week and my fridays now end at 5.30pm as compared to like 11.30am last semester. I ain't gonna complain about this as having someone planning my timetable is better than bidding for modules or the timetable slots you want. Education is supposed to be equal for all and having the fastest fingers first determine your path in university isn't exactly fair. That's the thing about me now, everytime I think I'm in some sort of trouble, I just need to look aroud and me somehow, my troubles seemed like nothing compared to the rest. At least Mondays now start at 1.30pm instead of the usual 8.30am morning lessons. That means I can stay up late for any soccer matches on Sunday night and not having to worry about the lack of sleep the next morning. Not that it really bothers me anyway. I'll be in school early tomorrow to print some notes with Suan Boon and Boon Hui and then it's off to lunch at the canteen with some of my classmates. I'm wondering whether it's my favourite bak chor mee or perhaps some western food? Then it's 1 hour of Exercise Physio with C.Kunalan and I kinda look forward to the lesson. How often does one get to meet up close and personal with the legend. He's been there, done it and is one who surely knows his stuff and nobody is more qualified to lecture us. Then it'll be 1 hour of rest before it's 2 hours of human geograpghy lecture before I call it a day. That's Monday for me. University is perhaps the only time where I really looked forward to school and enjoyed my time there that I don't even mind having my fridays burnt in school. You get to study what you like and being surrounded by a close bunch of friends, what more can I ask for? Furthermore, it's a new semester, with new modules, new friends to make and new things awaiting for me. It's gonna be a fresh start for everyone. That's why I don't even mind heading down to school early to have nice leisurely lunch and print my notes. It's gonna be great seeing everyone again. Topped my cashcard in anticipation of the huge amount of notes I've gotta print in the coming days, ezlink card was topped up as well a few days ago, packed my bags and most importantly of all, get myself mentally prepared for school life once again. It's not gonna be 100 percent school mentality yet, it's only human nature that I need more time. These are the simple things that I do to get ready for school. It's gonna feel like a first day of school for me later, even though I've been in there for 1 semester already. It's not long I know but sometimes it's amazing how long one takes to adapt to school life and adapts to his/her surroundings. First week as usual will be mostly admin stuff and proper lessons won't really start till like next week. However, one shouldn't be surprised to see readings starting to flood in by tomorrow. Semester 1 was really all about giving everyone of us an insight into university life. Well, time to call it a day soon. Happy New Year to everyone once again!
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|