|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 The lack of posts have once again showed that I've been really busy with nothing but school work. The workload this semester-wise is very heavy as compared to last semester. One can say it's because semester one is really a foundation one which gives us an introductory welcome into the respective modules we're taking. I found myself having more essays, projects and lab work to do and many of these deadlines are very early. The reason why I'm able to find time to blog is because I find myself well on schedule after completing a 3000 words geography essay, a techniques in geography assignment, completing my research and started abit on my 2000 words academic discourse writing skills module. It helps that it's recess week for ntu as well. I'm not saying that I can totally understand how Eduardo feels just because I'm an Arsenal fan. It's the fact that I injured my ankle very badly during one of the usual soccer sessions last saturday. A very very bad sprain in which I ruptured one of the blood vessels in my ankle and the doctor at the clinic I went to suspected that I had a fracture so it was off to NUH for a x-ray. Thank goodness the x-ray proved negative. I cannot imagine how long I will be out if it proved to positive. This right ankle of mine has been very prone to injuries and I must say this one is one of the worst I've have sustained. My first thought when I injured my ankle was that it's just another sprain. Takes a few days to recover but it proved to be otherwise. The initial stages left my right foot swollen and filled with fluid and I had to seek out my private doctor (you can't really trust the medicine from government doctors) who gave me extra strong dosage of medicine to get rid of my swollen foot and the fluid inside. It helps that the doctor (former President of SRU) knows about sports injuries and he gave me a specific medicine to treat my ankle ligament. As of now, I'm able to walk but my right foot still feels a bit sore. There is this eagerness to get back to playing soccer and other sports but I know I must say. If I were to rush it, I can end up injuring it even further. Many thanks to my classmates, professors, nie friends and friends who have showed their concern for me. This ang moh lady professor who didn't know me approached me while I was heading from from school and told me to take care and asked about my well-being. She left me with this parting sentence "You must take care of your ankle ok, you need your body for pe lessons". How apt. I just cannot afford to get injured in this undergraduate course of mine. Friends who helped me carry my stuff and took the lifts with me when my leg was heavily bandaged. I don't know how to thank them really. Maybe I've only myself to blame for getting this ankle of mine injured. I usually tape up ankle and my hands to prevent them for getting into harm's way but that particular afternoon, I didn't and this is the end result. Now, after this incident, I'll be wearing my ankle guard again with extra tape. One can never be too careful and honestly, I do fear getting injured again but it's not going to stop me from playing my soccer game. So this post is a tribute to Eduardo Da Silva. The guy who is on his way to establishing himself in the first team but is now out for up to 9 months not thanks to Taylor. He will recover but the question is whether he will be able to play competitive football again. Henrik Larsson and Cisse have done it but others have failed along the way. Hopefully he will able to get over this mental trauma which may proved to be his biggest obstacle yet. When you're studying sports science, something everything that concerns him becomes a hot topic for discussion in school. In layman's term, the ligament, joints and muscle damage that a sportsman can sustain in the course of his injury. For me, I need at least 2 more weeks before I can start to run and resume my fitness before going for any games. Be it soccer, squash or any sports that are organized and played in school. For now, rest is really important. Eduardo - You will not be forgotten, see you in 9 months!
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|