|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, June 22, 2008 I'm finding myself becoming extremely injury-prone lately and the latest mishap with regards to my pulled left lateral ligament an example. Am I turning into a van persie, michael owen or louis saha, hopefully not. Soccer last friday left me with an injured ankle and I had to seek treatment at nuh once again. Heard a crunching sound when I landed wrongly and I definitely feared the worst. Pain shot through the whole of my left foot when I tried to walk and I called my parents to drive me for a x-ray at nuh. Only a scan will put my mind at ease. I really pray that it will be really be the last time I'll be visiting that place again. Pretty surprised that I've sprained my left ankle - one that has never been injured before. Spent close to 2 hours in the hospital waiting to see the doctor, x-ray, final consultation and collection of medicine etc. Felt real bad for making my parents wait for me, especially my father who had to rushed down after his work ended. Am sure he was feeling very hungry as we finally left the hospital at close to 10pm. As one's parents' get older, it's only right that as children, we should try our best to make them worry less about us. It's nonsense to say that once a person reaches adulthood, freedom is theirs. I am sure when I hit 30 or 40 years old, my parents will still worry about me not because I'm a mummy's boy or what, it's just basic parental instincts. Soccer season is definitely out for me till the soccer module begins in year 2 for me. Like what my classmate, Tarmizi, told me "As pe trainee teachers, we simply cannot afford to get injured. Injury means missing modules or participation and a reduction in marks. It's not only gonna affect our final gpa, career and even your health in general next time" Yes, it's definitely a thought that has gone through my head. This left ankle, once injured is gonna be more fragile and I have gotta go get myself another ankle guard. 2 weeks at least for recovery and another 2 to get myself back in shape before school starts. It's a long road to recovery but for people like me who exercise for a living - injury is part and parcel of the job/game. Appropriate measures taken after the injury and subsequent steps like the usual RICE treatment and whatever I've learnt in university so far has enabled me to prevent the onset of more serious injuries. The right ankle that was injured few months ago left me with a swollen right foot because I didn't really follow the RICE treatment and adequate recovery time. My family doctor, a sports doctor who plays rugby, recommended me the usage of this plaster called Ketotop which will help me reduce the swelling and pain. So what's the key words for me now ? REST AND RICE!
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|