Sunday, August 03, 2008

3 months of holidays passed by just like that. I can still recall the euphoria scenes after my last paper with the guys - sounds of the live firing (bangalore torpedo I believe) in the nearby pasir laba camp and it shooked the whole hall literally. Once was all right but a few more times really got on our nerves. I mean here we are trying to concentrate and write down the important points for our geography papers but there's a price to pay for the security of the nation.

Well, school's starting tomorrow and the timetable for the whole school with the exception of the pgdes and degree year 1s are not done yet. Very disappointing really because you're unable to plan for the week ahead and not knowing what to expect. For the majority of the class, they are just left with the sports psychology module but my soccer module is still not ready yet together with Praba. It got me pretty worried on the night that I received my timetable that I didn't sleep well. I just didn't want to end up taking netball just because there's a timetable clash and it's not fair to force a student to take a sport that he doesn't have any interest in.

I'm just hoping this timetable will be sorted out asap and I will still show up on wednesday morning at the ntu field for my soccer module. Meanwhile, it's good to know there's an alternative slot for my GIS module in the late afternoon (the geography module that clashed with my morning soccer). Sometimes you can't wait for things to happen, especially in university, so I'll personally pay a visit to Dr Liu Yan tomorrow to request for an immediate transfer to that 4.30pm to 5.30pm tutorial slot.

I don't think I could have been more prepared for school or shall I say never been this prepared for university. Due to my discipline regime of going back to school to swim/gym 1 month before school started in attempt to regain some fitness, I've taken the opportunity to print notes, photostat the relevant documents, settle admin stuff, borrow library books and make drafts of possible essay questions that I'm gonna do for the semester. Let's not forget printing out the exam timetable and past years questions. People will probably think I'm mad and too eager for school to start but I feel that past experiences have shown that it's always good to be prepared and not let work pile up on you. First week of school is always gonna be hectic so no point burdening yourself with such simple minor details.

Yes, it's the first day of school tomorrow and the timetable is still not ready yet. Blame it on the large cohort of the year 1s and the inability of the foundation office to handle such a chaotic situation. Supposed to have ALK 101 Communication Skills tutorials tomorrow at 8.30am but luckily for me, no tutorials for this week. It leaves me with just rugby at 3.30pm to look forward to. For me, that's a good start to the week, playing the sport that you like. Between basketball and rugby, there was never gonna be a choice.

Even though I'm in year 2 now, I always seem like a primary 1 kid getting ready for school, not knowing what to expect. This is what makes life so unpredictable and full of surprises.

Here's to a good Year 2 Semester 1 for me and my friends!


was alive and kicking at 11:03 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com