Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Been a good boy lately and tidied up by room due to the post-exam mess created by the piles of notes and textbooks lying around. This "spring cleaning" is going to take some time because being the neat freak that I am, I'm going to take it one step further and give my entire room and the whole home a makeover if possible. When I look at the amount of notes that one had to go through in a semester, it's pretty scary. Which is why I am definitely in support of the idea that we must have semester exams and not yearly ones (SIM do have yearly exams instead of semester ones). For modules like motor learning or geography, I have no idea how am I going to finish studying if they test us at the end of each year instead. Semester-wise, I'm already having problems doing so. Well, if there are any changes, please do it when I've graduated.

Had a tiring day shuttling between Bras Basah to sell my old jc lit and econs books and to Pacific Plaza to repair my adidas watch before coming home. The amount of walking today just made me realize once again how unfit the exam period had rendered me. It brings back good memories to see my old Othello, General Paper and SAT books once again yesterday night. However, the reunion was short-lived as I parted ways with them for a measley $5. Well, considering that it was the best price they would offer, it's really a take it or leave it offer. They didn't even want my 2 geo maps book and 1 freaking old 1989 economics book.

Sometimes you cannot help but wonder whether you're growing up too fast for your own liking. There were times I wish I was back to being 16 or 18 years old once again. Leaving jc for army and entering university had seen us guys changed from boys to man. Back in jc days, I only had to worry about reading my notes, completing my assignments and going for squash and rugby training and yes - the A Levels. Compared to now, you worry about the economy, your job security and your love life etc. The list goes on and on. The decision that you make now does not just concern you but your family and friends too, such is its impact. 2008 is going to draw to a close very soon and before I know it, I'm going to turn 23 in May. Somehow, that number seems very old to me.

Growing old is inevitable but it's how you aged that really matters. I wanna be like my classmate, Shah, reaching the big 30 but has the heart and mentality of a teenager. When I first saw him, I couldn't tell that he's in his late 20s. He's one of the guys I really respect and someone whom I've so much to learn from in terms of lessons in life.

Not much plans for this holidays, just waiting for friends in nus and smu to end their exams before we can do some catching up. One thing about studying in a local university is that life gets pretty stressful during semester time. That leaves the most of us without much of social life really. It's during the holidays that one can really do some serious catching up with friends and update each other on our lives. I don't have to worry about completing my holiday homework during these holidays as compared to the jc days. When you're done with your exams in university, they don't "touch" you at all in the hols. It's something that I've come to appreciate as an undergraduate.

Well, blogging now as I'm waiting for the Arsenal versus Dynamo Kiev match to start later. I hope a win today will start a good run for my favourite Gunners. There's just too much internal turmoil recently.


was alive and kicking at 10:46 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com