|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, November 30, 2008 Being an Arsenal fan lately is not easy when you see the situation the club had found itself in. Of the 8 years I've been supporting the club, I've never seen the club in such turmoil and such a bad run of form. After seeing an own goal by Djourou in the first half, you can't blame me for losing hope that well, it seemed that we're on our way to another defeat. However, I knew that Arsenal always play well against well-known opposition and 2 goals by Van Persie set us our way to victory. Yup, we're back in the top 4 and back in the title race. You cannot imagine how happy I am and what a sense of relief I felt. It's time to build up some winning momentum and this result will be redundant if we lose to some lower league club once again. The start of one of my many retail therapy to come today - bought a pair of black climacool adidas shorts and another pair of black nike socks. Actually I didn't have to spend a single cent today thanks to the Maybank voucher that my father redeemed through the points he accumulated by using their credit card. I've always wondered of all the banks in Singapore, why did he sign up for Maybank and now I understand the reasons why he did. The card is free, discounts aplenty and it allowed him to accumulate some points and redeem it for a gift. It's always difficult to look for nice shorts from adidas that have pockets since most of the ones they have are the tennis ones or the occasional soccer shorts. Tennis ones are made of good quality but the price is seriously out of this world. I reckoned I must have spent close to 600 bucks on adidas shorts alone, not to mention the 2 nike shorts that I have. Well, it's definitely money well spent since it's not just for school use but also my working clothes next time. The best that came out of this Communication Skills For Teachers class this semester was perhaps knowing you. I definitely know the chances of getting to know you further are slim but a friendship isn't too bad either. It ain't good to get one's expectations too high and I certainly won't fall into that trap. Mondays were indeed full of blues for me this semester thanks to the 7.30am lessons and it drags all the way to 8.30pm because of the rugby module. If it wasn't for you, I don't think I would have looked forward to this module at all and having to drag my lazy feet all the way to the class. Chances don't come by often and I guess I have to make the most of this one. Even if it doesn't work out, I know I have tried.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|