|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, December 14, 2008 A day of mostly window shopping in town today but I eventually ended up buying a pair of levis jeans. That will most probably be the end of my jeans retail therapy for quite some time. Christmas is just 11 days away but the festive spirit is just starting to fill the air but not quite there yet. Despite the gloomy economy, Singaporeans I see on the streets today are not really showing the signs of it. Clutching bags of clothes, Christmas shopping goes on regardless of what happens. It's been raining for the whole day and after reaching home in the late afternoon, I had a good nap from 6 plus to close to 8.30pm. That probably explains why I'm still up at this hour as well. I know it sounds retarded but today was one of the best naps I've had for quite some time. Sleep was indeed a luxury during school time and I can't really say I enjoyed my sleep back then. It was more about catching enough winks so that I will have enough energy for lessons the very next day. What happened to the good ol days where one can say they had a good time sleeping? Quite a few of my friends are heading overseas to spend their Christmas there or simply just a trip to one of the countries in South East Asia. For me, looks like I'll be staying in Singapore. I thought of spending my holiday doing some shopping in Bangkok but the most probable trip I'll take is to Batam with my classmates if the trip works out. With 2009 approaching, the thought of not receiving pay from my employer is starting to weigh heavily on my mind. I've to start adopting the lifestyle of a miser with the start of semester 2 by carefully watching what I'm spending on. The best thing I can do right now is to really enjoy the remaining days of 2008 to the best I can. This coming weekend is going to be a boring one for me because I won't be able to ask CH out. How nice. She's going to Malacca for a short getaway with her colleagues while the girl from my communication class is already in Hong Kong now with her parents. There's nothing to look forward to at all, looks like the biking trip with CH has to be postponed till she gets back from Malacca. I would have liked to ask her out for dinner after her work ends but looking at the time that she knocks off, she probably needs the rest more than the food. I read my horoscope today in the Life section of Sunday Times. It was recommended that I should just randomly ask a girl out. Maybe I should try that next weekend.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|