|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 It's a long long time since I last catch a squash match on cable tv and those with cable tv should know how often espn or star sports bother to screen squash matches. If you ask me, it's probably once a year? It's that bad because it's not a popular sport when compared to the rugby union and league, badminton, basketbal and even golf! Golf is one boring game and I don't know how exciting the US Open can be as compared to squash. I was catching this "Bugging with Rudd" show in the early morning at around 3.15am when I switched channels due to the commercials. I've got this routine of switching to the Australian Network first to see whether there's any Aussie Rules or rugby to watch before switching to the usual sports channels. So yesterday I was just basically expecting motor racing (because it was reportedly shown on the programmes list) but instead of seeing wheels, I saw this transparent court with 2 players inside. I was like freaking exciting and asking myself can this be true? You would probably think I'm crazy for behaving in that way but can you blame me? I only get to catch up with squash news via the internet and hardly get a chance to watch these Europeans matches unless it's on youtube. Of course the well-known players like David Palmer were not on show but 2 Egyptians who are currently ranked 1 and 2 respectively on the world circuit. I've got no idea how old is this Manchester Squash Open but I managed to watch the match for a good 20 minutes. Star Sports probably slotted in this programme to fill up the schedule but I'm certainly not complaining. My only wish is that they stop making squash as second-rated sport on tv. I had a conversation with a friend last Saturday regarding some issues on girls. Well, we came to a conclusion that to ask your crush out on a simple date (without even revealing your love for her) might have some dire consequences. What are they you may ask? It is as simple as spoiling the excellent friendship that you've build over the semester and it makes things pretty awkward if you were to see each other again in school. Especially in a small faculty like mine, I don't want it to come to a point where she's going to avoid me the moment she sees me from a block down. This friend of mine made a very good point when they say that guys do go through alot one long thinking process before plucking up the courage to ask the girl out. If she say yes, you'll realize all the efforts are worth it. However, if the answer is no, you spend the rest of the day worrying about the consequences. That may have resulted in many of us thinking twice before popping the question. You know what, I've fallen into that category now.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|