Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last post of the year and it's going to be a time of reflection and thanksgiving for me. The favourite question that people like to ask me was "Is there anything you like to change about the year 2008?" While most would probably say yes without any hesitation, my answer is definitely a no. Every year has its ups and downs and while I'm very thankful for the positive things that have happened in my life, the negative ones happened for a reason too. I've learnt valuable lessons from them and they had been instrumental in me becoming a stronger person too.

I've been relatively injury-free for the whole of 2008 and this is something that I'm thankful for as well. Good health and being injury-free is priceless and that's something that money can't buy. Under the stressful environment as an undergraduate and faced with a neverending workload, I've especially learnt how to take care of myself. At the same time, knowing how to push myself to the limits too. I mean for example, a day only has 24 hours and to ensure that I've enough time to complete my work, I ended up sleeping less. Sometimes when I look back, I amaze myself sometimes with the things I do. Surviving on less than 4 hours of sleep on weekdays, I go on to complete another 12 hour day in school the very next morning.

To be honest, I can't remember what my resolution for 2008 was and that means I may or may not have kept it. It doesn't really matter now because resolutions may have been there for a purpose but because human nature and the situations are everchanging, I need to learn how to adapt to them.

I'm never a fan of crowds and parties so I'll just be spending my New Year's eve with a couple of friends over mahjong, catching some movies and the countdown party on tv and supper. A time for reminiscence, having a good laugh for the retarded things I've done and maybe a last catch up with my friends before I start the new school year. Have a Good New Year's eve!


was alive and kicking at 5:09 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com