Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Collected my laptop a day earlier because thursday is just too packed in terms of lessons. Arrived in school close to 1pm and printed my notes in the computer lab first before proceeding to level 4 of the library to collect my laptop. Guess it's my lucky day because I only had like 3 people in front of me and in total, I spent less than 30 minutes queuing to get my laptop, pay for it and eventually get it checked out by the technician.

I had doubts about getting this laptop in the first place because I had just bought a new toshiba one last year during comex. With the money saved from the insurance fee. I could use it to buy a new pair of running shoes. With careful consideration, I realized it's better to separate work from pleasure. That light toshiba laptop can now rest peacefully at home and away from dust and scratches while I'll be using this hp one for school work. Perhaps the main reason why I got this laptop is the fact that I can bring this laptop for my teaching practicum next time (for lesson plans and reflections etc). Don't have to worry about packing my toshiba into the bag and then forgetting this document and that. If everything goes according to plan, this laptop should safely see me till I graduate and I'll be able to return it come the end of Year 4.

I'm very thankful for the classmates and seniors in my sociology class. Besides being able to take the subject that I like, I've got a nice tutor and classmates who makes the lesson fun and enjoyable. Many people see pe students who take sociology of sport as an easy way out from physio and biomechanics (the norm modules for pe students?) but I beg to differ. Ever since I took intro to pe in Year 1, I told myself if there's a chance to major in this module, I won't have to think twice when the options came. Sports management will perhaps give me some options and thoughts of an alternative career path in the future. One can never say never because at the rate the sports industry is heading in Singapore, management is becoming very important. Be it sports or if I ever take the leadership route offered by MOE, you gotta learn how to manage people, students and ensure that tasks get done.

Making time for this entry and customizing some of the icons in my laptop while waiting for this laptop to be charged up. With electricity get more and more expensive, the least I could do for my family is to help them save on some. Since I've got time to spare before sports mangement lesson at 4.30pm, it's better to put the time to better use. Will wait for this battery to be fully-charged before I head to the gym for short work out. There's this particular corner on level 2 of the library (a small alley where the reference section is) which is fast turning out to be my favourite spot. Be it for typing out an essay, discussing projects with friends or just to relax in between free periods, this quiet spot definitely fits the bill. The other places in the library are just getting too crowded or too noisy for my liking.

I love my Wednesday because it starts late, allow me to get some shuteye till late morning. A nice and leisurely brunch before I head to school makes the day seem a little less hectic. It's these simple things in life that I crave.


was alive and kicking at 2:45 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com