Saturday, January 03, 2009

Spent the morning in the school library doing some work, borrowed/checked out the essential books which are required for the upcoming modules. It does sound retarded to be spending your saturdays and holidays doing work but that's just me. I've always believe in starting early and regardless of what people say about me, sticking to my principles is more important than listening to casual remarks.

Last semester was a hectic one, thinking back, starting early doing simple stuff by photocopying/printing notes or reading through them allowed me to settle down much earlier than my peers. To be honest, I was never a person with that much initiative until my jc2 days. Perhaps the horrors of my O Levels still continue to haunt me but this new positive attitude is something that I will carry with me till I graduate.

Upon arriving at the library and waiting for the lift to level 4, I was surprised to see Skrtel smiling at me. One thing is for sure, I know he wasn't there to mug like me because his girlfriend was with me, so it was more like a tour to show her around the campus. Didn't get to talk much to him since he's in a rush but I'll like to find out what is my classmate doing in school on a saturday. The thing about studying in Jurong is that the pace of life does slow down considerably as compared to studying in smu I believe. What I like about my faculty on a saturday/holidays is that it's peaceful and quiet. Believe me when I see people in the library still studying or revising. It's amazing how Singaporeans or the China people go to achieve their dreams. When school reopens on Monday, I'm sure this serene picture found in the library will disappear and replaced with the buzzing noise of undergraduates going about doing their business.

Lunch was a simple fare of handmade noodles at canteen A before I headed home for a nap. Had always wanted to try that stall but the queue plus crowd there sometimes do put me off. Yesterday was a different scenario though, I saw more workers than students having their meals there. I enjoyed the aircon and caught back to the future III on star movies there. A meal which could be enjoyed in peace and with no pressure to rush for classes.

That's the life I've always wanted to live. Sad to say, life as an undergraduate in Singapore is fast-paced and time waits for nobody. The good thing is that I was born earlier and not now because I'm amazed at the stuff that the primary school kids are undergoing.


was alive and kicking at 11:49 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com