|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, January 02, 2009 Was having lunch at the Suntec branch of the House of Sudanese Food when I noticed something that caught my attention. As the restaurant was situated at the basement and near the Fountain of Wealth, I had a pretty good view of what's going on. Being the first day of the new year, Singaporeans are queuing up to get a turn to walk a few rounds around the small little fountain at the base. The rationale behind this is to ask for good luck and that they will be blessed with good fortune for the whole year. I mean it's free and that all you need to sacrifice is your precious time which is going to be spent queuing. What went through my mind was the fact that this sort of thing will probably take place on in Singapore and nowhere else. No, I didn't join the queue, if you were wondering if I did. I had a good and detailed look at the module requirements for my Fitness and Conditioning module. As the name suggested, I'm prepared to spend a fair bit of time getting myself back in shape. However, the injury which I've sustained is still getting to me so hopefully within another week of rest, I should be up and ready to go. Since 40% of the module is practical-based, I've more or less planned the training schedule to whip myself into jc2/bmt mode ( which I believe are the fittest stages of my life). Then I had physical training from Mr Seah and combined it with rugby field training by Mr Selemat, I couldn't be better in terms of fitness. Bmt was redundant to say because I not only lost some fats/weight but also gained muscular strength. Sad to say, all these were gained back during unit time. It's going to be a busy semester for me. The ippt window is alive and with this module round the corner, I couldn't ask for better motivation. I need the ippt window to remind me I need to train while the module will also in a way, help me train for ippt. All the bak chor mee, mee goreng and favourite food in the canteen has got to take a backseat while I survive the next critical 5 months of my life. It wasn't hard to give up mee goreng last semester but bak chor mee? It's going to take quite alot of determination on my part. The last time I took beep test was back during jc time and seriously, the score was terrible and with lots of running tests coming up, I fear for the worst. Had a chat with Paulus just now and decided that the best way to train is to ask for solid advice from the cross-country runner himself. With the interval training he recommended and the court work runs in the squash court, it will more than prepare me for the endurance and agility runs. Which is why the squash court has turned out to be my best friends in times of need. Be it a stressful period, a need to train for competitions or a place to sleep, it's the best place to head to. Chinese New Year (CNY) is just round the corner and to be honest, it's going to be tough to adhere to such a strict regime with all the good food staring at me. Determination is something that I've lacked recently and I hope I can find it back real fast. Christmas decorations were take down as fast as it was put up. They have now been replaced with the cny decorations and cny goodies. It's always been a festival that I've looked forward to after the December festive season. After that, there's pretty much nothing to look forward to for the rest of 2009. Whoever said life as a pe trainee teacher was easy? Till now, I still have friends asking me whether I've got exams. Well, I hope I don't have to hear it again anytime soon.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|