|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Saturday, February 07, 2009 For the first time in my life, the article that I wrote in to the newpaper got published. Decided to take part in the weekly contest where readers get to win a pair of new balance shoes worth $200 if their articles becomes letter of the week. Even though mine didn't win, I was just happy and satisfied seeing my name article get published. This will spur me on to write on a more consistent basis and winning prizes however, plays a more secondary role. I've always loved reading and writing about sports and maybe if I didn't become a pe teacher, I can always consider a career in sports journalism. Being able to pursue this interest in the form of Sociology of Sport is really a privilege. At the same time, it's probably a form of outlet where I can not only express my thoughts but also see it as a way to practice for my sociology exam paper. Before I wrote this entry, I had also just submitted the next article for the weekend contest. Win or not is not important, I just hope to be able to brush up on the way I phrase myself and convince readers about my point. It's been a week where I've been spending alot. The Wednesday trip to Queensway left me spending $110 on a new pair of Adidas Adizero Mana. There's no question which brand I'll buy when it comes to shoes because it's adidas all the way. However, there's a long history behind me and adizero mana. I had previously been eyeing the previous model of the yellow mana but all that thinking and hoping for that price to drop had resulted in that shoe being removed from that market. Which is why when this latest model came out, I told myself I can't afford to let history repeat itself again. Actually, I could have gotten the shoe at a much cheaper price of $106 but the lack of stock when it came to my size resulted in me buying from somewhere else. I had to venture to the top floor and buy it from the sportslink there. For those who didn't know, being the bargain king, I asked the lady whether there could be further discount since the other shops are selling it at $106. Since they had my size and they were willing lower their selling price from $121 to $110, I decided not to wait anymore. All this waiting and hesitation will only bring more misery. It was then a trip back to reality for us as we headed back to Jalan Bahar. However, we decided to reward ourselves with a trip to Bakerzin where we took up their offer of the afternoon tea offer. Got myself a Forest Noir cake and a ice latte and that pretty much summed my day - satisfied and well-spent. Boon Hui got his pair of socks, Zhao Ming his tennis racket and a pair of shoes for me. Mark was nice enough to wait for me till I finished my run and we headed out of ntu together. He was on his way to clarke quay and me to town to get the sony psp that I won in a lucky draw. Well, actually I have only myself to blame for not calling the company before heading down. They closed early because of some company dinner so I kinda wasted this trip. However, did some shopping instead to ensure that I didn't return home empty-handed. Went to Marks and Spencer to get my favourite Jam Sandwiches (together with Robinsons, they're absorbing the 7 percent GST from 6th to 8th Feb) and 1 packet of sushi for dinner. Before I left town, I got a new pair of nike shorts from the outlet at paragon. Well, it was really tough finding the pair I liked because the outlets at Shaw Centre, Wheelock and Wisma didn't have my size or didn't carry the design I like. It's really hard to find shorts without pockets. I have a whole lot of adidas ones but my nike collection only has 1 so far (before I bought this). After I saw it in Royal Sporting House, Queensway and then my classmate wore it, I told myself I had to get it too. We all know most of the shorts with pockets consisted of tennis ones and it was rather rare to have a pair of soccer shoes with pockets. I left paragon a very happy man after paying $48 for that pair of shorts. That will probably conclude my shopping spree for now and till I see something that catches my eye, the money is going to stay in my wallet for quite some time. With V day just a week away, I still don't have any plans nor date. It's definitely not something that worries me because there are more important things to think of. Think geography essay for example? I don't really go looking for love because sometimes I like to think that it will come looking for me. Not a very good mentality? It's up to you to decipher.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|