Monday, March 23, 2009

4 out of 7 questions in 2.5 hours
Roughly 30 minutes for each question

I have identified up to 6 potential questions for my sociology exam. Despite the hectic schedule that I have leading up the exam period, I'm glad that preparations have started already. Despite me telling my friends both in human geography and sociology that we can't study for such papers but deep down in side, I know that preparations have to be done beforehand. Once the invigilator says "You can start writing now", it's non-stop writing of essays after essays and writing it with vigour. My greatest enemy is myself and perhaps time, because I always seem to have too many points to put down within that limited amount of time.

Ever since I took intro to pe back in year 1, I knew that this was the module I would want to major in come Year 2 and maybe a masters in the future. Gathering of resources and materials don't start weeks before the exam. It actually started from Year 1. From borrowing books and articles from SSC library, national library and the school library, consultation with the man himself to 2 years worth of newspapers articles neatly compiled in my room. It actually cost me a bomb buying paper and glue just to stick them together. Well, I just act blur sometimes when people ask me how am I going to get started for either human geography and sociology.

I have 10 years worth of experience that comes from writing human geography questions in which there are no textbooks to refer to. You got to look for materials yourself in order to tackle the questions and these are the advantages that I have to make the most of really. On the other hand, complacency is something that never happens to me because I know the higher the expectations I have, the greater the chances of disappointment.

I love to write and I go into the exam hall knowing that it's time to pen down my thoughts on paper. There's no pressure on me but I tell myself to just literaly sit down and enjoying the process of conveying my thoughts to the man marking my paper. This time, it's time to spoil the bell curve with at least 2 booklets worth of information. I got an A+ for my intro to pe last time but that's foundation level. Realistically, it's a B+ that I'm aiming for this time round and hoping that my squash assignment gives me an edge over the rest.


was alive and kicking at 10:18 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com