Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Having a meal at the newly-opened Hans outlet at Jurong East Chevrons can be quite a headache because language problems. Don't get me wrong because we all know that Hans is well known for its cheap western and local food while this Jurong East outlet is big and spacious too. While waiting for my grilled dory fish to arrive, I went to the dessert section to place my order for my favourite peach tarts to takeaway. Yes, I spoke in English (just like anyone would) during the order but it was met with blank stares from the sale personnel behind the counter. He just blatantly asked me "Ni Hui Jiang Hua Yu Ma"?" Tried to make sense of what's happening by linking his spoken voice with that extremely tanned face of his. I'm not being racist here but my first thought was that he's from Thailand or Mynammar.

Which brings me to the next topic of why the outlet can hire front-line cashiers who speak eloquent English from Philippines but not for the rest of its staff? I mean I can understand if the guy is working in the kitchen because his contact with customers would be at its bare minimals? It's pretty ironic that I'm becoming a xenophobic against Chinese nationals. They're just pretty lucky that I can speak Chinese and that I was a in good mood that evening. What's the point of losing your temper over a nice dinner in the evening, absolutely not. I should have replied "Ni Hui Jiang Yin Wen Ma?"

I'm getting a bit disgusted with my sleeping pattern for now because it's non-existent soemtimes. Take for instance, I slept from 7 plus to 10.30pm and then from midnight to 2.30am. Which explains why I'm currently up at this time and catching the Newcastle versus Portsmouth match. Left4dead currently has been doing a good job of getting me addicted and my sleep has suffered thus far. For those who've heard of or have played the game before, you know what I mean. Some would say it's Resident Evil being protrayed in a game and that it's very realistic. One thing's for sure, I wouldn't like to be around in this world if such a scenario eventually befalls mankind.

Sometimes you have to be thankful for the exam period because it's a very good period to save money. My case is an extremely good example for what I meant.

$200 - NS IPPT Money
$210 - Sale of Sony PSP
$200 - GST Credits

The total amount of $610 has been sustaining me for the past 2 months, believe it or not. I haven't had to make a single trip to the atm until last Friday and it really felt weird having to withdraw money after such a long period of break. Now that the exams are over, I forsee myself spening a little bit more on entertainment and food. Now that's very natural and expected because I've been slogging it out for the past one semester. These 3 months are really pretty useful for not just catching up on sleep (haven't achieved it thus far) and with friends too. As for plans on whether I'll be heading overseas? It's been bleak so far because the economy isn't really doing well and that I honestly prefer to save that money in my bank account. Yes, getting ready for that 2 years without pay. Sometimes I wonder how my non-nie friends in other courses can survive thus far with just pocket money from their parents. University isn't exactly cheap and with books, notes and food expenses to pay for, I'm glad I've started saving way way much earlier.

Everything happens for a reason I guess. Sometimes when I think about it, it's kinda good to end my exams early. You get the motivation and pressure needed to overcome that hectic schedule of mine. If it becomes too draggy like many of my classmates (although the extra time to revise would have been welcome), you lose the drive to study.


was alive and kicking at 4:12 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com