|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, April 30, 2009 Watching the way Arsenal give away a cheap goal and eventually losing 1 - 0 in this first leg of the champions league made me a very disappointed fan. One can never claim to be the number one fan of any football club, neither can I but at least I can safely say that like Kathir (who supports Liverpool), we do sacrifice our time, sleep and money when it comes to supporting our beloved clubs. Take for example, the day before my last paper for this semester, I didn't sleep and watch the epl match between arsenal vs liverpool. Out of nowhere, a msg came from Kathir expressing his comments (and both of us have an exam less than 6 hours away). We've only got ourselves to blame if we don't qualify for the finals because of this stupid mistake. However, there are some positives to be taken from this match and that's the performance of almunia. Without some of his vital saves, we could have gone 4-0 to 5-0 down. Hopefully next week, we can redeem ourselves with a 2-0 victory. We've done it before and must have the belief. Travel plans aren't exactly in the best of shape lately thanks to this swine flu thingy. I mean here we're in Asia and Singapore is one of the best-equiped countries who have the ability to tackle this disease. However, with this air travel and globalization, who's to say swine flu won't spread to this part of the world? There are already reported cases in South Korea based on what I read in the papers today. Shopping in Bangkok was out thanks to the 'civil war' while my parents ain't exactly in favour of me heading to Hong Kong because of the SARS incident. Somehow, I may have to just contend myself with boosting the local economy instead or take a short trip across the causeway. I've always wanted to like visit places like Ipoh. It's a different kind of destination compared to like KL. Time passes pretty fast because I'm done with my year 2 of university education already. Something on my msn caught my attention and led me to make a move to alter it. I was talking to one of my classmates online and realize that him, like many others, are placed in a group which I titled "Degree Year 2". Needless to say, I changed it to "Degree Year 3". It's amazing how another year just flew past just like that because before I know it, I'll be taking graduation photos with my uni friends at the nanyang auditorium. In a way, I don't want that to arrive too fast either, just like many of my friends. As a student, you only have to worry about handing in assignments and taking exams. There's a different kind of pressure when you venture out to working, even for teaching whom many say it's routine-based work. Receiving the email from my class rep on how the school is clearing our lockers due to renovation work that's going to be ongoing during this 3 months holidays. You might wonder that this is just another one of those emails but it certainly got many of my classmates uptight. I don't really have anything that's important or valuable in my locker but there's certainly something that I want to retrieve from it. As the lock in school is exactly the same one which I used back in secondary school, I decided to replace the school one with the one I had for 10 years. Yes, that's how "valuable" it is to me. It may be old and rusty but it can certainly do its job of guarding my locker. Basically I can very well afford to buy a few more of these locks but not one that has been with me for 10 years and still counting. Yes, I got a lift back to school just to pick up a lock. Most people would think that I'm mad but they'll never understand the story behind it. My heart sank when I saw the sign "Work in Progress" outside the toilet door. However, I knew that since I was here, I might as well go in and check it out. Went in and spoke to the workers who were very kind enough to stop work for a few minutes while I retrieve that lock. Luckily for my classmates too, they only started work on the ceiling. Hopefully the email I sent to them would have calm their nerves a little bit. I'm fast approaching my 23rd birthday soon and it's quite sad to think that once you are past the magical 21st birthday, you simply don't look forward to the rest anymore. While typing out this entry, my girls' squash captain back from jjc msn me to catch up abit. It doesn't help that she suggested that I shouldn't stay single any time longer but instead offered to introduce me girls that catches my attention (from her facebook account). She strongly recommend that I take a brief glance through her list of 365 friends. Friends, what would I do without them? My greatest regret was that it didn't really work out with S during my jc time. She was the reason I look forward to going to school daily. Life sucks when you look back and wish you had done better.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|