Sunday, May 03, 2009

It's not exactly nice/recommended to go all out for a soccer game when it's been one month plus since I really had a solid workout. Perhaps I've been missing the joy of kicking a ball since revision for the semester exams started. Now i'm just suffering from a calf muscle ache which kinda impedes my movement and hopefully within a few days, I'll be up and running again. It's always good to be out there, getting the sun, sweating and scoring the odd goal now and then. However, the match fitness that I had during semester time is long gone and it's going to take quite a while before I get it back. I mean it's quite obvious when I lost the possession of the ball with my first touch. Here's to more footie action.

Paying that $9.50 to catch Wolverine with my friends after lunch was indeed worth it. The only complain I had for the movie was that it was tad too short, not like those 3 hours lord of the rings kind. Some characters were not properly introduced, kinda impromptu. Like how Gambit suddenly came into the picture and how the audience gets introduced to almost all the characters (cyclops and lizard for etc) for the subsequent xmen movies when wolverine went to release all the captured mutants. I shall not go into the details for those who haven't caught the movie yet. It's definitely worth spending the money to catch it with your loved ones or friends.

I'm very convinced now that Lido or rather Shaw has got the worse cinemas in Singapore. Yes, it just goes to show how even those in the neighbourhood malls are catching up. Cathay is definitely up there on its own, untouchable with good sound system and solid seats. One could never imagine the torture I had to go through watching Gangs of New York (a 3 hours movie) in the cramped seats of Lido. It's probably like taking budget airlines to Hong Kong when Silkair or Cathay Pacific would have been better. Eng Wah provides an easy solution for those who want to stay away from the crowded city areas but you have to be contended with the sub-service standards and the inability to really choose the seats you want to. Unless you ask for it.

Well, unless your other half lives near a neighbourhood mall, always stick to cathay for a nice movie experience.


was alive and kicking at 9:52 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com