|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 With every passing day, it's definitely one step closer to the commencement of my no-pay undergraduate life. Even though I've got enough savings and hopefully with the stipend coming in every semester, these 2 years will be sustainable for me. Come to think of it, I definitely don't have the right to complain because I don't have a family to support or a girlfriend to splurge on. If you've been reading the papers daily (especially the Sunday Times), it's quite often you'll find that people are no longer buying stuff that they need but more of things that they need. Hopefully with this mentality and philosophy, I can be more prudent with my spending. Yesterday was the last episode of the Amazing Race and since I've been up early these few days, it wasn't much of a problem catching the Live telecast. What happened at the last few bits certainly got me teary. The mother and son pair, Margie and Luke, were odds on to win the million dollars but they fumbled at the last station where they have to battle fatigue to recall all the previous countries they've been to before. Despite heading to that station first, Luke had problems remembering the last 2 countries and that cost them a shot at the million dollars and they eventually finished third. What happened in the finale was really emotional. On the cab ride to the finishing ride, viewers get to see how Luke was blaming himself for their loss and his poor mother had to try her means to ensure him that it was a team effort. Did I even mention that Luke is deaf? To even get this far is an amazing act itself. Everyone who gets eliminated or finished second or third always say that the experience is worth more than a million bucks. The question is, how many of them actually meant what they said? After so many seasons, Margie and Luke perhaps are one of the few who did mean that. Being deaf and unable to convey his feelings and frustations properly, Margie's role as a mother is a alot more different as compared to the rest. She's the 'spokeswoman' for her son throughout the race. It's indeed heartwarming and it's perhaps why I've enjoyed Amazing Race as compared to retarded ones like Survivor. My friends think that teaching is an easy job, especially that of my nature - teaching physical education. They just have to watch the 9pm show daily on channel 8 to realize what are the problems that teachers face daily in their line of work. Students now are definitely alot more problematic as compared to my time (and I'm only 23 years old!). Some of the problems that caught my attention was how students who don't like you will definitely find ways to get back at you. From locking you in the pe store to filming you in close contact with female students and eventually spreading it around using camera phones. You don't have to guess that that the teacher involved was accused of sexual harassment. As a teacher, you're bound to face problems in your line of work now and then, how we respond is going to be critical. It's only human nature to feel down or to even lose that passion to teach when such obstacles arise. Experience matters alot in teaching, I hope I get them fast.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|