|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, May 08, 2009 You can't help but feel old when another year has passed and your birthday arrives. Yup, I turned 23 years old yesterday and I would like to express my deepest appreciation to those who sent me well wishes. Be it by facebook, msn or sms, it's really the thought that counts. Everyone looks forward to their 16th, 18th and 21st birthdays, but most people believe that life goes downhill from the 21st. Well, it's not exactly that bad for me but it just makes me feel old. I'll be 25 when I graduate from university and it's just 5 years away from the magical 30. I hope to be like my classmate who recently became a father because he doesn't look a day over 25 but he's already fast approaching 30. With the correct mindset and attitude, one can be forever young. I prefer to spend my birthdays in the company of my family and this year is no different. Ever since my elder sister got married, the family meets up for dinner only once a week (this extends to a few weeks if she has to travel abroad for work). Which is why my close friends know that I seldom go out with them on Fridays since she comes back for dinner or we head out as a family to have a meal. Since my birthday fall on a Thursday this year, we decided to head to Liang Court for an excellent meal at this place called Saizeriya (http://www.saizeriya.co.jp/). That was the official website for this restaurant but too bad it's in Japanese. I've always liked Liang Court because it's really a quiet place to have a meal with that special someone. Away from that bustling life taking place at Central or Clarke Quay itself. Ever since the renovation, more restaurants serving Japanese food have sprung up in Liang Court. Believe me when I say quite a few serve quality Jap food at affordable prices. I frequent the place alot and even the stalls in the basement sells pretty good curry rice and udon noodles. Considering it was a weekday, you could say that business is good at Saizeriya. It's quite popular with youngsters and even Jap expats. It helps that that the head chef walks around to chat with customers and being a Jap himself, he's able to handle any queries from Japs (I saw him pouring Sakae and chatting with two Japs who were probably having dinner after a long day at work). If you're wondering what's so good about this place, I guess to put it simply, it serves very cheap pasta, western and pizza. Think waraku and swensen put together but at a much cheaper price. Do check out the place next time because I definitely will be heading back again. My parents gave me a red packet just now as a birthday gift but honestly, I did declined it initially. Considering that I'm already getting an allowance from the government, it's not really that nice to take it. I did take it in the end because my parents wanted me to have it but I'll definitely be spending a chunk of it back on my parents who deserve it more than i do. Your birthday wishes change when you get older. Last time you probably yearn for that toy or psp but your wishes change as you mature. Even when I was young, I was never a big fan of toys, probably just lego because I liked the satisfaction of seeing hours of hard work come to fruition. Call me old fashion or traditional but the idea of being able to stay healthy, get reasonable/good results and be happy allows me to be contended. Anything else is really a bonus and that's the same birthday wish I would like to have for my 23rd birthday.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|