|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Sunday, June 14, 2009 It's been a while since temperatures dropped to below 30 degrees and you can imagine how relieved I was when it started to rain on Friday evening. Well, it did stop for us to have a brief game in the morning but after 30 to 35 minutes of action, we had to abandon the court. The san mee aunite was probably the happiest because the group of us can will be paying a visit to her stall much earlier than expected. P and F left earlier because they've got something on and the remaining of us did something pretty unexpected - we decided to play again after the rain stopped and after a hearty meal. A power nap is a must after every game on a saturday morning and on the way home, it rained again. What should have been a 1 to 1.5 hours nap turned out to be solid 3 hours one. Had never felt so satisfied for such a long time because Singaporeans islandwide would vouched that this heat wave that's been hanging around had made life unbearable. You know the sleep is good because I had a good dream to accompany it. I know it's retarded to talk about dreams because it's not going to happen in real life while others would argue that it's the opposite of reality. I got to meet up with my primary school classmates and had a good time catching up. Other minor details remained vague but one thing doesn't change, I still go around helping my friends the way I do currently. It's a trait of mine that I'm proud to have while at the same time I don't expect anything in return. Sometimes I wonder how are the primary/secondary/junior college/army friends of mine who I've lost contact with doing right now. Living in Singapore where life is fast paced and hectic, one is naturally more concerned with the finer things in life. With that I meant earning finding a job, earning your next pay check and trying to get promoted etc. Have we ever stopped to ponder where are these people and what are doing they right now? Maybe it's the holidays or something, I've started to slowly but surely discover some of these friends of mine. The most recent would be Frank who happened to be a hall mate/sports secretary of my secondary school friend. He joined us for soccer and it was good catching up with him. At the end of the day, you know there's wonderful technology like facebook to fall back on. While some may say it's waste of time but many can testify to the fact that it does have certain benefits. One of my college friend recently got married and I would like to wish her the best for her wedding. Not forgetting good health for the mother and her unborn child. Come to think of it, while I see friends around me getting attached, the girls either getting married or on the road to happiness. I've to be honest and say that I'm a bit envious of seeing couples around me, be it in school or town. There's nothing much I can do but wait for the right one to come along because I'm certainly not those who'll go looking for love. In the meantime, Valentine's Day and Christmas will continue to be a lonely one for me. Short term goals ahead would most probably to graduate, hope for a good work place and for my career to settle down. Sometimes people like with me a bit of an inferiority complex could do with a bit of luck in my life too. I don't believe in using credit cards and that I'm too lazy to get my driver's license. Which girl in Singapore would be attracted to me? All I've gotta to offer is just myself - the true real me.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|