|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 Maybe my army friend was right when he gave me a lift home after a late night out. Though we may be only 23 years old only, it seems that this body of mine is taking a little longer to recover from the exertions of the day. There can be times where you complain that being cooped up at home can be boring but after going out consecutively for 3 days a in row, the bed at home can be a little bit more iniviting somehow. We all know that I spent my Friday evenings with my sister and her husband for the weekly meals ever since she got married. It doesn't help that my sleeping pattern has gone back to the 'security guard' mode at the end of may. With little or no sleep, I woke up the next morning to get ready for a morning game of soccer. My friends who met me outside recently always asked me why am I so red? To be make it an easy conversation starter, I always replied that I'm forever shy. Lame it may sound but it gives everyone a good laugh before we start to get on a note of seriousness. Rushed back home to get a decent 2 hours of sleep before I left to meet up with my army mates at JP - to help shop for groceries at the 24 hours Fairprice before meeting BK and Philip at LJS. For easterners who haven't or seldom venture into this part of the world, I would be surprised at the extension of JP too with its greater variety of stores. The other answer I can give is that it's probably the mall big enough to counter the three malls BK has over at Tampines. A dinner spent over a cooked dinner of crabs/man tou/ baugettes together with a great company of friends summed up a pretty decent evening I would say. For all the good hawker and restaurant food out there, there's nothing like home-cooked food. One has to give credits to Earon for whipping out this meal despite it being first attempt. Guess when you've got the 'feel' and experience, cooking becomes second nature to you. It was fun seeing BK get into his HOD mode and playing along with my nonsense. One look and you know that moe scholar is destined for great things. It's just a matter of finishing up his honours year at nus before moving over to boon lay for his one year attachment. It would be a pity if he ever decides to leave the ministry in the future to pursue his other interests. It will probably take a long long time before I venture back to Dempsey again for any outings. Though it was only my second time there, it could very well be my last. With the place being very inaccessible without a car, we all know that could be the final verdict. Maybe it was the weekend and every Singaporean is rushing to be 'seen' or chill out there but somehow it's not the place for me. Give me millennia walk where it's supposedly less crowded and you've a higher chance of finding me there. While BK and Earon left home, I went with the rest to engage in some keyboard activity at Parklane. I know I've put this as my msn nick in an attempt to mock him after his trip to New York but well, here it goes again. 'I met C at Rochor Tau Huey on the 21st June 2009 at 1.45am. Please quarantine me if there's a need to be'. Guess we were both equally shocked to see each other but I have no idea how a camp can be conducted in the vicinity of Parklane. Enlighten me someone. Even though I woke up at 1pm the very next day ( the usual waking up time is 3 to 4pm for me), I still felt tired despite sleeping in a comfortable air-con environment. Msg Skrtel to let him know that I'll be showing up for soccer at Fico in the evening. Felt bad to have to turn him down even though I was carrying a leg injury but some strapping and tape solved the problem temporarily. Well, I've always say that soccer is more than just the game itself, I get to catch up with a few of my classmates and get to know his friends and relatives too. Don't know what came over me but I ran like there's no tomorrow on the pitch. Perhaps it was the need to work off the sinful crabs the evening before or just the urge to play well. I was all over the place and harassing every opponent who had the ball that BH asked how did I get all that ATP. Perhaps the fact that I've been playing often and doing some runs helped a bit. The extra bit of stamina would give you the edge no matter what game you are engaged in. Btw, Fico rocks and I would like to thank Skrtel for sponsoring the 2 hours of match play that night. Did promise a friend to catch the AYG HK vs Saudi Arabia match at my alma mater JJC on Monday evening but I was too tired to venture out of my house. Luckily for us as well because I read in the papers that the match was cancelled due to the flu virus. Could have been a wasted trip for us in the end. Ok, I'm going to get ready for a geo friend's birthday at the East Coast Park chalet later. Thankful for a ride from K from Bedok mrt station later or I might have trouble getting to the place on time.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|